Resort Help Please

Reader0108598

Earning My Ears
Hi :)

Okay, Taking the family to Disney next May! Need three rooms:

Room 1. DIL -Son ,3 year old& 6 month old
Room 2. Reader & Hubby
Room 3 .DIL s Parents

DIL wants a two room suite so she can put the kids down when needed . The parents just need a small room to sleep.

Hubby and I went last year and loved POP century but I don't think they have the room my DIL needs.

Not rich here and trying to do what everyone. wants. Any suggestions?

Thank you
Reader

Easiest option might be all star music. Dil can do a family suite, the other two rooms can be regular rooms. At of animation is another choice but will cost more and the regular rooms are in different buildings than the suites.

Another idea is to book 3 rooms and request connecting rooms with the understanding it is only a request and not a guarantee so that the kids can be put to sleep while the adults hang out in the other room.

Easiest option might be all star music. Dil can do a family suite, the other two rooms can be regular rooms. At of animation is another choice but will cost more and the regular rooms are in different buildings than the suites.

Another idea is to book 3 rooms and request connecting rooms with the understanding it is only a request and not a guarantee so that the kids can be put to sleep while the adults hang out in the other room.

Thank you twinboysmom

I appreciate your quick response!:)

Reader

We've stayed in an All-Star Music suite before and it was really nice- two rooms, one with a pull out couch and tv and the other with a queen bed and tv. Two bathrooms, and a kitchen. We love the All-Stars! We've stayed at a few of the higher-end resorts and the All-Stars continue to be at the top of our list.

We've stayed in an All-Star Music suite before and it was really nice- two rooms, one with a pull out couch and tv and the other with a queen bed and tv. Two bathrooms, and a kitchen. We love the All-Stars! We've stayed at a few of the higher-end resorts and the All-Stars continue to be at the top of our list.

Sorry took so long to respond...I so appreciate your opinion . Thank you! :)

Another option could be to rent DVC points (many have used Davids DVC company)..you could get a two bedroom unit. That would give you a studio with a queen bed and a fold out sleep sofa...for the DIL and kids (with a kitchenette as well..micro, sink, toaster, coffee maker, fridge), attached to a one bedroom unit....a large master bedroom, with king bed, with attached bathroom area with tub and vanity and large closet, a living area with a fold out sofa bed, full kitchen, washer/dryer and a full bath with sink, toilet, shower.
Or, a family suite at AoA or All Star Music. Perhaps you could get two suites...one for the dil and ds and the kids and the other for you and dil's parents.

Another option could be to rent DVC points (many have used Davids DVC company)..you could get a two bedroom unit. That would give you a studio with a queen bed and a fold out sleep sofa...for the DIL and kids (with a kitchenette as well..micro, sink, toaster, coffee maker, fridge), attached to a one bedroom unit....a large master bedroom, with king bed, with attached bathroom area with tub and vanity and large closet, a living area with a fold out sofa bed, full kitchen, washer/dryer and a full bath with sink, toilet, shower.
Or, a family suite at AoA or All Star Music. Perhaps you could get two suites...one for the dil and ds and the kids and the other for you and dil's parents.

I agree with renting points. Essentially, you can stay in a villa but with moderate resort pricing. However, the negatives are that you should book relatively far in advance to have your choice at resort and room type, it's non-refundable so you wouldn't be able to cancel, and there is not daily housekeeping since it's DVC. You CAN still get the dining plan, but you'd have to pay in full when you add it (not eligible for free dining). But the space and resort for the price you'd pay, I think, is your best bet.

Hi :)

Okay, Taking the family to Disney next May! Need three rooms:

Room 1. DIL -Son ,3 year old& 6 month old
Room 2. Reader & Hubby
Room 3 .DIL s Parents

DIL wants a two room suite so she can put the kids down when needed . The parents just need a small room to sleep.

Hubby and I went last year and loved POP century but I don't think they have the room my DIL needs.

Not rich here and trying to do what everyone. wants. Any suggestions?

Thank you
Reader

Is DIL paying for her 2 room suite? If so, then ASM seems to be your best option, the DIL and DS and grand kids can have a suite while you and the other grandparents can each get a room - link the reservations so that everyone will hopefully be near each other.
If you are paying for everything, then perhaps renting points for a DVC unit - but even then, which adult couple would end up in the living room on the hidabed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter