• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort help needed ASAP! FP+ window opens in a few days...

lilasmom

DIS Veteran
We're going back for a 3 night stay in September and I need help deciding the resorts, yes resorts. Since, I've waited so long, we're going to do a split stay for a 3 night trip. There are 4 in our family, My DH and myself, our DS10 and DD5. Please offer any advice you can with the following questions-

1. How far is the walk to the Garden view CR rooms? Do you think the pool will be terribly bury from WL guests?

2. Have you ever stayed in a Family room at the Dolphin? Did you like it?
What about the Swan?

3. Am I crazy to stay at the Poly? This is where we currently have a reservation, but I'm very concerned, due to construction.

We plan to spend our first night at EP, then MK the following two days, followed by DS on our departure day.

We could do the first 2 days at the CR and move to the Dolphin. We could do the first 2 days at the GF (we've never stayed here) and then move to the Dolphin or Poly or Swan. We could stay at the Poly the entire time and go to BB.

Help! I must decide in the next few days. Thanks!:)

With only 3 days I would stay put at the Poly. From there you'll have monorail access to the parks you'll be visiting and even though the pool is closed they're issuing 1-day tickets to BB which I think would work nicely for you (not so much for people on longer trips who are given only 1-day access to the waterpark). CR would be a nice replacement but I think it's just too much hassle in moving to Dolphin for your last night.

In my opinion, based on pictures I've seen from the Poly... It looks terrible already... I would never stay there. Also, the pool will be closed until April 2015.

Why paying so much to stay on a construction site?

I agree that I probably wouldn't want to move around for such a short stay. I also would not want to stay at the Poly. The pictures I've seen are pretty hideous. As far as the CR pool being overcrowded with WL guests...who knows? It hasn't happened yet, so there is really no way to predict how many WL guests will take advantage of the CR pool. There certainly is the potential for it to be very crowded. I haven't stayed in a family room at the Swan or Dolphin, but have gotten connecting rooms at the Swan. I love both resorts. You could hop over to the Swan & Dolphin thread and ask about the family rooms and probably get some responses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter