Resort gift shop food prices?

Lmans77

Mouseketeer
Is there any thread that has and updates current prices for staples at the resort gift shops? Things like milk, bread, beer, soda, cereal, etc etc.

Planning my sister's trip for 5 days, staying at CSR. They are flying, no car. She will have DDP but will need some things for quick breakfasts/snacks in room. Those are easily packed.

However, what about the cost maybe a 12 pack of diet coke and milk at the gift shop. Does anyone have this info?

My sister is not a coffee drinker but loves a cold can of diet coke. Even though she'll have her refillable mug, I can't see her wanting to transverse huge CSR just for a small mug of DC. And will need milk for kids cereal. So obviously not too much. At first I was thinking of just using Prime Pantry to send everything down to save suitcase space, but since CSR charges for boxes, now I'm thinking it would be more cost effective to buy at the gift shop.

Is there any thread that has and updates current prices for staples at the resort gift shops? Things like milk, bread, beer, soda, cereal, etc etc.

Planning my sister's trip for 5 days, staying at CSR. They are flying, no car. She will have DDP but will need some things for quick breakfasts/snacks in room. Those are easily packed.

However, what about the cost maybe a 12 pack of diet coke and milk at the gift shop. Does anyone have this info?

My sister is not a coffee drinker but loves a cold can of diet coke. Even though she'll have her refillable mug, I can't see her wanting to transverse huge CSR just for a small mug of DC. And will need milk for kids cereal. So obviously not too much. At first I was thinking of just using Prime Pantry to send everything down to save suitcase space, but since CSR charges for boxes, now I'm thinking it would be more cost effective to buy at the gift shop.
I can tell you what the prices were for the Screen Porch General Store at the BWV (effective 12/01/14). DVC members can pre-order groceries from Disney and have them delivered to their villas the day of check in. The current list has these prices:
A quart of 2% milk is $2.49
6-pack of Diet Coke is $8.00​
Tax is not included in the price and, as with all things Disney, the actual price is subject to change.

I can tell you what the prices were for the Screen Porch General Store at the BWV (effective 12/01/14). DVC members can pre-order groceries from Disney and have them delivered to their villas the day of check in. The current list has these prices:
A quart of 2% milk is $2.49
6-pack of Diet Coke is $8.00​
Tax is not included in the price and, as with all things Disney, the actual price is subject to change.
thank you!

We use We Go Shop to have items delivered to us on arrival. We get breakfast foods, snacks, water, soda etc. We have had no issues with the bell hops accepting and delivering these items for us either. You tell them where you want them to shop and they charge your card for costs, plus their delivery fee. It is worth it compared to spending $8 on six cans of soda.

We use We Go Shop to have items delivered to us on arrival. We get breakfast foods, snacks, water, soda etc. We have had no issues with the bell hops accepting and delivering these items for us either. You tell them where you want them to shop and they charge your card for costs, plus their delivery fee. It is worth it compared to spending $8 on six cans of soda.
With all due respect, WeGoShop has some pretty hefty fees.
  • $19.00 "shopping service fee" for orders totaling $50 or less (more for larger orders)
  • $3.00 fuel surcharge on all orders
  • 10% automatic gratuity on orders left at bell services (and you'll end up tipping bell services when they retrieve your order, too!)
It's one thing if you're placing a big grocery order and those fees are spread out over a number of items. It's another thing if you just want some milk to splash on your cereal in the morning or a few cans of Coke in your fridge instead of having to run to the mug refill station after the kids have gone to bed.

We usually go for 9-10 days so we are buying a couple cases of water, case of soda, milk, juice, yogurt, cereal, snacks...putting us as close to their $50 mark as well. The delivery fee has gone up since we went in 2013 (but what hasn't). We have also picked up our items at bell service and carried them back to our room ourselves, depending on our room location.

To each their own, but we have been very happy with their service/prices compared to buying it at the resort.

I think she meant that CSR charges for accepting deliveries. They will do it, but there is a fee on top of what you would pay the service you are ordering from.

I think she meant that CSR charges for accepting deliveries. They will do it, but there is a fee on top of what you would pay the service you are ordering from.
No, I meant that WeGoShop charges a gratuity to leave your groceries with bell services. If they deliver them to you face-to-face, then the delivery person expects a tip. Convention resorts will charge a package delivery fee, but that would not be charged on groceries. It's a fee charged to cover the cost of the subcontractor that they use for handling their mail and package deliveries for those resorts. If you're staying at a convention resort like CR, GF, YC/BC, BWI or CSR then you will incur a package delivery fee if you ship items to yourself.

And FWIW, you should still tip bell services a token amount even if you carry those bags back to your room yourself. They had to properly store your groceries and then bring them to you at the bell station. Unlike some other jobs at Disney, bell services is definitely a tipped position.

We bought half gallon milks for 3.49 - 3.79 in Jan/Feb at GF and CR.

If your sister has DDP, tell her to just use the refillable mugs. Take a walk in the morning to get her diet coke fix and save the money :) Individual bottle soda is about 2.49. If money's not an issue, then have her use her snack credit to buy a bottle on the way back to the room at night.

Wow, thanks for all the advice. I think she'll probably pack the snacks and cereal, and just buy the milk and a few DCs and otherwise use her mug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter