Resort fishing trips?

kugelette

Mouseketeer
Anyone done them? Fun? Kid-appropriate? Do you always catch something? Anyone know what they cost and duration?

Do you mean the Bass Fishing excursions? We like Bay Lake best, then EPCOT before it opens 2nd. It's only 2 hours so I think kids would stay interested-they have refreshments and you fish in front of the Castle etc so might keep them interested. The guides are great, will bait and cast for you if you want, and teach you in general. 5 of us usually get about 20 total. We did land a huge bass last year, mean while it was a quiet day otherwise-maybe 7 total.

It was a highlight for us.

de499450-347a-4994-aeee-379e509f76b8.jpg

2cd86bfd-c454-412d-bb77-ac6f58c4fe6d.jpg

1c69aff1-26f1-41ea-b5e2-1e8b9948a13c.jpg

Wow, that bass is epic!! So is it pretty good odds you'll catch something? Do you get to keep your fish or is it catch and release? What's the cost? (I can't seem to find it published anywhere)

Wow, that bass is epic!! So is it pretty good odds you'll catch something? Do you get to keep your fish or is it catch and release? What's the cost? (I can't seem to find it published anywhere)

I don't remember the price, but you can book either a two hour trip or a 4 hour trip. We do it every trip. We have never had a bad trip. It is catch and release, but the trip makes for good pictures. We always book the same guide and now consider him a friend. I highly recommend it.

We are really thinking of doing this in October but we are wondering which resort to book out of. We are staying at POR and that would make it simpler for a 7am with a 5 year old but hear most people talking about the poly or wilderness or contempary. If we would have a better experience for our son I would rather catch a cab early to go on Bay lake.

We've done the fishing excursion twice, both times out of the Yacht Club. We like that location because, if you do the 7 AM trip, you get to go up the canal and into the World Showcase lagoon. It's neat to see it from that perspective. Our guides were great, and we caught a lot of fish. The price for the four of us was either $250 or $270, I forget which, and there's also a 20% discount coupon in the back of the Birnbaum guidebook. Makes it worth the price of the book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter