Resort fireworks views good enough to skip at park?

MouseOfCards

Finally jumped in . . .
Are the MK fireworks views from the resorts (e.g. Poly, Bay Lake, and Grand Floridian) good enough to skip the fireworks while at the park?

Are the MK fireworks views from the resorts (e.g. Poly, Bay Lake, and Grand Floridian) good enough to skip the fireworks while at the park?

I can only speak to watching the fireworks from BLT, as I haven't yet stayed at GF or Poly.

The views are good and super cool to see every night from your balcony at BLT or from the TOTWL, however, there is NOTHING so spectacular as sitting dead in front of the castle and watching those fireworks the way they were meant to be seen. So if you have a few nights or a weeks stay, I highly recommend watching them that way, at least once.

And by the way…:welcome: to the Disboards!!

Here are a couple of pics from my iPhone last April. These were taken from the TOTWL…

IMG_0179.jpg IMG_0180.jpg IMG_0181.jpg

The views are pretty good from the resorts, but different. IMO, everyone should see them in the park at least once. After that, go for convenience and personal preference. I personally really liked the view of the MVMCP fireworks from the balcony of our lake view room at the Poly and the view from the TOTWL is quite good also. Haven't watched from the GF.

That said, IMO, the special MVMCP fireworks (and the other special surround holiday presentations)s are best enjoyed in the park - I love the feeling of being surrounded by the fireworks! YMMV.

If you haven't seen the fireworks in the park in a while, I would take the time and effort to do so. That should do it for a few years then repeat.

:earsboy: Bill

The fireworks have a narrative and are set to music. So if you just see them, you miss a lot. There are places at the monorail resorts where you can watch the fireworks while the audio is played over speakers. So I would see them at the MK at least once. But if you are tired, watching them from your resort is a great way to go.

I agree with PP. I've seen them from Cali grill, ToTWL, Poly beach, poly balcony, but nothing compares to being in the middle of or under the magic in MK! That said, I have a 5yo and 2yo and they have yet to see them in the park! Enjoy!

They pipe the music into the resorts as well. So that helps. However, as others have said, nothing beats the park. If I am at BLT, I will usually walk over to the park assuming I have tickets.

I personally love the view from BLT. I HATE to be crowded in on main street for them. Plus, I can have a beverage at the lounge when watching from TOWL that I can't get in the park. However, my wife prefers the view from in front of the castle. With the viewing area enlarged the area in front of the castle recently, there is definitely more space than in the past as long as it's not during the busy times.

You do not see the pre fireworks castle show from outside the park. We recently had FP for Wishes, and we were happily surprised with the show. It was wonderful!

We have enjoyed the fireworks from the viewing area in front of Gasparilla Island Grill at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. You can easily purchase snacks and watch from the benches or tables.

I'm with those that say they are good from resorts and enjoyable but it's not like being in the park. Still, it's a good way to see them. :goodvibes

We prefer to view the MVMCP fireworks from either our balcony or TOTW at BLT. In the past we have watched from the park but crowds, trees, and buildings have obstructed our view. That said, everyone should have the opportunity to watch them from the park at least once.[GALLERY=][/GALLERY] Attached is a picture from our BLT balcony.IMG_2484.JPG

I have watched the fireworks from GF, PVB beach, BLT TPV, BLT TOWL, Contemporary, Ft Wildness (a long time ago!) and Main Street.

Our family's personal preferences are: The absolute best fireworks viewing location is by far is in front of the castle. After that, BLT TPV, TOWL OR Contemporary due to proximity. PVB would be next with a more straight on, but distant view. The GF is sufficient. Ft Wilderness is no longer in contention or viable.

Sounds like the consensus is that resort views are nice, but have to experience the fireworks at the park, at least once every few years. Thanks, all!

Like others have said nothing beats watching in the park and I almost always tear up at the end of Wishes when we watch them in the park because at the end I just look around and am reminded of how magical everything is. That being said though my second favorite place to watch them is Poly (partially because we got engaged during them on the beach) but mostly because I can get a cocktail and relax while still enjoying the music. I highly recommend watching the special holiday fireworks that are 360 degrees in the park outside as well because they span the sky so wide and it's a really cool and different experience than in the park. So I would recommend doing both :)

Like others have said nothing beats watching in the park and I almost always tear up at the end of Wishes when we watch them in the park because at the end I just look around and am reminded of how magical everything is. That being said though my second favorite place to watch them is Poly (partially because we got engaged during them on the beach) but mostly because I can get a cocktail and relax while still enjoying the music. I highly recommend watching the special holiday fireworks that are 360 degrees in the park outside as well because they span the sky so wide and it's a really cool and different experience than in the park. So I would recommend doing both :)
Where to watch fireworks at Poly? And can you get a good view from the Villa rooms?

Where to watch fireworks at Poly? And can you get a good view from the Villa rooms?

Unfortunately I can't speak for the Villas as I have never stayed in them but I would assume if you have a water facing room you would be able to get a good view. We go out on the beach to watch them and they pipe in the music to the speakers there. Before the bungalows there was a lot more space so I don't know how much space there is now but people get there early to snag the lounge chairs to sit on instead of sitting in the sand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter