Resort Do's & Donts

T1gger

Tigger Girl
We are staying onsite for the first time this year at CSR and I was wondering what you can and cant do at the other resorts

I know you can use the restaurants so we are planning to, as I want to see some of them - and I know you cant use the pools!

What else can you do? Can you watch movies there if they show them (I think they do at CSR) or join in other resort activities and if so how do you find out what they do?

Is it ok to park there while you are visiting at the resort (whether eating or not?) Not meaning for ages or to leave the car during the day- just while visiting?

And any recommendations? We do want to go visit AS Movies just for DD8 to see the Toy story theming! But any must-sees or best places for snacks or QS to try out would be most welcome :)

As you already know, you can't use the pools at other resorts. If they have a gym you can't use that either. You can watch the outdoor movies. At AKL you can use the night vision goggles in the evening when the CMs are at the outdoor viewing spots. You can also listen to the campfire stories.

At Ft. Wilderness you could join in the campfire (marshmallows are available for purchase).

You can rent bikes/boats at the other resorts (or just about anything else where a purchase is involved).

Some activities (not offered every day) such as the children's cookie making activities at AKL are for guests of that resort only.

At the AS resorts there's really not much to do other than the evening movies, which are also available at several of the other resorts.

Parking at the other resorts is permitted when you go for a meal or to visit. But you can't park all day. I believe there is a 3 hr time limit. If you pay for valet parking at the deluxe resorts, there is no time limit, but it is strongly frowned upon to do this and then spend a day in a park.

If you pay for valet parking at the deluxe resorts, there is no time limit, but it is strongly frowned upon to do this and then spend a day in a park.
Strongly frowned upon by who? Certain posters on Disboards, WDW hotel management, or the staff at valet parking? Just wondering.

Unfortunately you have started a thread that already has misinformation.

You can use gyms at other resorts, for a fee. If you use the spa services, the gym is complimentary.

The option for valet parking is so you can park all day at a resort. You are still paying for parking legitimally. You cannot use the regular parking lots at the resorts unless you have an ADR and it is a three hour limit.

Sadly, your intentions were good, but this thread will most likely go downhill fast.fasted

I have no intention of parking at a resort and going to the park - we will be staying at CSR with a car so get free parking in the theme park lots or have free transport to the parks

I am just thinking about in the evening going to eat at a different resort and/or to have a look around which is the only time we would be parked there - if we couldnt park to eat/look around I wouldnt bother - we can as easily eat at our resort/in the parks/offsite - just thought it might be nice some evenings to go try out the other places

I know the way threads about parking go which is why I clearly stated that we wouldnt be parked for ages and it would only be while we were visiting that resort

We havent stayed onsite before and probably wont get the chance again -doubtful we will get back at all again - so want to see as much as poss

As you already know, you can't use the pools at other resorts. If they have a gym you can't use that either. You can watch the outdoor movies. At AKL you can use the night vision goggles in the evening when the CMs are at the outdoor viewing spots. You can also listen to the campfire stories.

At Ft. Wilderness you could join in the campfire (marshmallows are available for purchase).

You can rent bikes/boats at the other resorts (or just about anything else where a purchase is involved).

Some activities (not offered every day) such as the children's cookie making activities at AKL are for guests of that resort only.

At the AS resorts there's really not much to do other than the evening movies, which are also available at several of the other resorts.

Parking at the other resorts is permitted when you go for a meal or to visit. But you can't park all day. I believe there is a 3 hr time limit. If you pay for valet parking at the deluxe resorts, there is no time limit, but it is strongly frowned upon to do this and then spend a day in a park.

Fabulous thanks! I did wonder about going across to AKL in the evening to see if you could see the animals :goodvibes

Fabulous thanks! I did wonder about going across to AKL in the evening to see if you could see the animals :goodvibes
You could be disappointed in that there might not be much to see, but you can still learn from the CM Guides (making it worthwhile regardless).

There are some parking lots where attendants will be more curious as to your plans (e.g. most any lot that can be used to gain quick access to a theme park). "Visiting the resort" is generally not a problem. If you tell them you have a dining reservation at some resorts they may check a list (or at least appear to check a list) if the lot is mostly full that evening.

I've never experienced any issues with visiting a resort... be it for an ADR, eating at their QS, or just to see the lobby. We always show our resort key so maybe that helps? I'm sure it depends on the guard you get but you can always utilize Disney Transportation instead?

You can use gyms at other resorts, for a fee. If you use the spa services, the gym is complimentary.

Can someone explain how this is done and the normal fees?

We were about ready to book the POR until we realized it has no gym. We may still book at POR if utilizing gym access at another facility is not too troublesome and/or expensive.

Can someone explain how this is done and the normal fees?

We were about ready to book the POR until we realized it has no gym. We may still book at POR if utilizing gym access at another facility is not too troublesome and/or expensive.

POR also has a great jogging trail that goes down to POFQ.

I think the $15 a day is still the going rate; I know it was when someone wanted to use the gym at the CSR last year that was not staying there.

This is really good to know. I was remembering a post from early last fall when a man wanted to use the gym and showers at the CR and almost had his head taken off here on the Dis for even asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter