Resort Dining on MK Day

choover2576

Mouseketeer
We are spending 3.5 days at Magic Kingdom and have the QS dining plan. Other than BOG and Casey's, there aren't very many other QS options that look appealing to us.

I'm considering one of the monorail resort QS options. How much time should we allot for a QS lunch option at either Contemporary, Polly or Grand Floridian?

TIA!

I would use the 20/40/20 rule (maybe we are the only ones that use this rule?). 20 minutes for transportation (monorail or walking) which may be less. 40 minutes to order and eat. 20 minutes for transportation back to MK. Of course if you go to the Contemporary you can walk which may be 10 minutes which cuts your time down. In total that would be 80 minutes of time spent. That is if you have already picked somewhere to eat and know where you are going. If you are just going to wing it you could stop at the Contemporary and check out what they have to offer, monorail over to Poly to see what they have to offer, monorail/walk to GF to see what they have to offer and add another 60+ minutes after you make a decision on what you want to eat and where.

Just my 2 cents. Of the three monorail resorts, Gasparilla Island Grille at the Grand Floridian would be the most relaxing counter service.
Definitely more hustle/bustle at the Poly and CTR.

Love the 20/40/20 rule, great advice, thank you! And thank you capegirl for the Gasparilla Island Grille recommendation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter