Resort Departure Day

LuvinDisney83

Mouseketeer
We are planning on checking out of our resort on Friday, however were wanting go enjoy the parks a bit more before leaving in the late afternoon. Are we able to go to the parks after checking out and then return to our resort to maybe cool off at the pool before hitting the road? TIA!

Whether you can enjoy the park on check out day depends on whether you have purchased a theme park ticket for that day or not. For example for a 7 night stay we purchase 8 day tickets. We use the parks on check in and check out day.
You need to vacate your room by 11 AM. You are free to use the resort facilities, including the pool, until 11:59 PM on check out day. But you will not have access to a room to shower or change etc.

If you are staying at a WDW resort, they are VERY GOOD at storing your bags in their luggage room after you check out, until you return after your day at the park. Then they bring it out to you on a trolley to your car or cab. And I believe that they handle all the details if you use Magical Express. I can't really speak to this. We've always taken town cars or cabs back to MCO

Yes, you have full use of all resort facilities until midnight on the day you check out. Pools, club level lounge (if you are staying club level), everything.

Whether you can enjoy the park on check out day depends on whether you have purchased a theme park ticket for that day or not. For example for a 7 night stay we purchase 8 day tickets. We use the parks on check in and check out day.
You need to vacate your room by 11 AM. You are free to use the resort facilities, including the pool, until 11:59 PM on check out day. But you will not have access to a room to shower or change etc.

True. I remember at Sports they have a bathhouse with showers right by the pool. But I don't think that's true at all the resorts.

Thanks all! We will have AP's so not having enough ticket days won't be an issue. Sounds like a cool off in the pool will work just great!

Ha perfect timing. I just did this!

Yup just goto the bell hop/valet out front and store your bags. They give you a ticket to hold onto to pick them up.

I then went to MK for 4 hrs in the morning and had a drink by the pool and am waiting for DME as i type this.

Very quick to bring bags back. Tipped the guy $2 for a Disney Store bag of goodies and my small rollaway carryon

True. I remember at Sports they have a bathhouse with showers right by the pool. But I don't think that's true at all the resorts.
Makes me wonder, is there a list of resorts with shower facilities near the pool? When one is trying to decide a resort to pick sometimes it's the little things that make one better than another.
I know Poly has them.

I think they meant a hotel room.....I know all the resorts at least have a bathroom you can use...SOMEWHERE.....

I think they meant a hotel room.....I know all the resorts at least have a bathroom you can use...SOMEWHERE.....
:) Yes. But they're not all equally convenient. Sports' is right there. Very easy to utilize.

I remember someone saying that BC/YC has no convenient place to shower/change.

:) Yes. But they're not all equally convenient. Sports' is right there. Very easy to utilize.

right, but you still won't have a hotel room is what I think they were saying....

Makes me wonder, is there a list of resorts with shower facilities near the pool? When one is trying to decide a resort to pick sometimes it's the little things that make one better than another.
I know Poly has them.
I know CSR and POFQ have showers by their pools and cannot remember if POR did, i think so but not definite.

I believe BC/YC (down the walkway from beaches and cream, going towards YC) poly, AKL, and GF (at the waterfall pool) do. I never checked BWI or CR, or the mods for showers. But, each at least has bathrooms to wipe down and change in.

Very convenient if you use the exit by the arcade and beaches and cream, it has a tile mural and is right past the gate. But, if you use any other exit in that huge complex you would have to walk all the way around. Definitely quicker to exit there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter