• Original plan - Split stay POP/AKL, free dining for POP stay approx $1800

• Value for the whole stay + free dining and one day base ticket $1467

• Moderate for the whole stay + free dining and one day base ticket $2265

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ottawa-newbie

Mouseketeer
Hello Canadian disers!

Was I ever excited many months ago when I received a 40% off pin. Now I've got a free dining pin, and I'm torn as to what to do...
About us, just DH and I and we're going Oct 22 - Nov 2. This is our second trip to Disney. Our first trip, we stayed at POFQ and loved it:goodvibes

My original plan was to split the stay between POP and AKL, and taking advantage of 40% off AKL. With the new dining code, I'm now contemplating just doing one resort and having free dining the whole time :confused3

What would you do?

I would always vote for the cheapest option LOL More available moolah for other stuff like hard ticket events, special souvenirs, etc. kwim? :thumbsup2

Personally I couldn't stay at a value, just not me and I really hate the styling of the resorts. A split stay is inconvenient and b/c you will get 2 reservation numbers you won't be able to book all your adrs on the first available day. I don't think its that much more money to stay at a moderate so I voted that way.

Not sure if the price you listed at the moderate is with or without the 40% off. I think that adding the dining plan at $80/day and taking the 40% off the room will be cheaper, no? Correct me if I am wrong, but the basic dining plan is $40/day/person. So once your room is costing more than $200/day it becomes less expensive to use the 40% and take the dining plan. If your room is less than $200/day then you are better off paying full rack rate and taking the free dining.

Not sure if the price you listed at the moderate is with or without the 40% off. I think that adding the dining plan at $80/day and taking the 40% off the room will be cheaper, no? Correct me if I am wrong, but the basic dining plan is $40/day/person. So once your room is costing more than $200/day it becomes less expensive to use the 40% and take the dining plan. If your room is less than $200/day then you are better off paying full rack rate and taking the free dining.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear :)
We would not be doing the dining plan if it wasn't free. However, we'd consider staying at the moderate at rack rate with the free dining (Which is the price I gave on the poll). The only reason I put the moderate in the poll was because we loved POFQ, but your reasoning is great :thumbsup2 Thanks :goodvibes

I would stay at a Value resort and get the dining plan, I just stayed at POR in May and regretted upgrading and spending the money for a place to sleep, unless you are plannig on staying at your resort alot its not worth the money. I personally found the value resort to feel more like "DISNEY". I even changed our August trip from POFQ to ALMu because of this.

We've stayed value, mod, deluxe & really POP is very fun! I'd vote for the split stay btwn POP & AKL, it would be like 2 vacations in one! Let us know what you choose.

We've stayed at all levels, and while I do love the mods and deluxe level - I voted for POP. I guess I've come to realize the bigger rooms and theming are only a small factor in my Disney trips. I much prefer to save the extra money, and spend it on my little guys in the parks.

Now, if the trip was just going to be DH and I - I guess I'd lean towards the mods or deluxe (admittedly, I loved the MK view from club level at CR). Was it worth it, sure... could we have better used the money, yes. But hey, we only live once :rolleyes1

I love split stays, it is so nice to stay at different resorts and it makes it feel like 2 different holidays. I do not feel like it is too much work to pack up.

I think AKL is my favorite WDW resort, it is just so relaxing and it would be a great way to end a vacation.

Last summer we did Pop Century , Port Orleans and AKL

I have never done a split but I voted that way. We have stayed at POP & POFQ & if we could do both the 40% & the FD I would totally split it & enjoy. Plus AKL is our next choice we want to stay at.

Decision has been made - after talking it over with DH, who reminded me that spent very little time at the resort during our last stay, we decided to do Pop Century for the length of stay with free dining . :goodvibes 11 nights and a one day ticket plus dining for 1467 :thumbsup2

Thanks for all your input!!

We've stayed value, mod, deluxe & really POP is very fun! I'd vote for the split stay btwn POP & AKL, it would be like 2 vacations in one! Let us know what you choose.

Completely agree - we have done it all also - all the way from pop/all stars to poly/beach club - a split stay gives the benefits of both - my recommendation is for value first.

A couple of vacations ago we did POP free dining then Hard Rock Orlando - I think that was our ultimate vacation.

I said value for the whole stay....usually you'll spend most of the time in the parks or at DTD or seeing sites around orlando rather than in the resort anyhow, the value's are inexpensive, still give the disney feel and you still get a nice room for the price.

I look at it as though I'm only going to be sleeping and showering there lol....

I would take the cheapest deal and the free dining. a deal isn't a deal if you spend more because your are saving on one end, but actually end up spending the same or more than you normally would:confused3, right?

That way you canactually feel good about saving some cash in this economy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter