Resort Christmas Decorations

mom2rdhds

Earning My Ears
Have any of the resorts begun decorating for Christmas? We're going to be there next week (16th-21st) and I was hoping that we could tour around and see them in their Christmas finest :banana:

but the trees probably won't be up till the end of your trip, if then...

The gingerbread house at GF is done, but its not opening until 11/21, 6 days later than last year, even though Thanksgiving is the same date :confused3.

The gingerbread house at GF is done, but its not opening until 11/21, 6 days later than last year, even though Thanksgiving is the same date :confused3.

Thanks for this info! We'll be in the World for a week starting tomorrow and definitely want to see the GF house! We have a dinner res at 1900 PF on the 21st, so I think we will just make that our resort visit day too. I won't make a special trip before then.

The Gingerbread display at the CR went up this week and opened on the 13th. The rest of the Christmas decorations still need to be put up though.

The GF house had the final dusting ceremony this morning...my source says the decor all starts Sunday night, but a famous twitter poster says GF starts Tuesday night and WL is last on 11/23....soooo late for all versus last year!

My folks are touring the resorts right now and said CR had a house and was starting to be really decorated, GF had the house but no tree, WL has no decorations at all (not even items in the gift shop), and the Poly looked like a few things had come out but nothing really.

DtD is decked out, however, which is why they were so shocked at the paucity of decorations in the resorts. They did LOVE the house at CR, though, even more than at GF!

*~* I tried to search the boards for this but with the many ASM references, kept getting posts related to that. *~*

My folks are FINALLY touring the Disney resorts on their trip this week (only took 10 years of my prodding!) and have discovered the really enjoy the music playing at the deluxes. They have asked a few CMs who have either the wrong information or no information, so I thought I would come on and ask: is there any place to find a master list of the songs playing?

Also, is the holiday music at DtD the same each year? They loved the music as they wandered through there the last two nights and all one CM found was a disc from a few years ago. TIA!

*~* I tried to search the boards for this but with the many ASM references, kept getting posts related to that. *~* My folks are FINALLY touring the Disney resorts on their trip this week (only took 10 years of my prodding!) and have discovered the really enjoy the music playing at the deluxes. They have asked a few CMs who have either the wrong information or no information, so I thought I would come on and ask: is there any place to find a master list of the songs playing? Also, is the holiday music at DtD the same each year? They loved the music as they wandered through there the last two nights and all one CM found was a disc from a few years ago. TIA!

I found a list someone had compiled for WL on iTunes a few years ago. I'd suspect there are compilations by more people there for other resorts.

KAT4DISNEY said:
I found a list someone had compiled for WL on iTunes a few years ago. I'd suspect there are compilations by more people there for other resorts.

Thanks for the reply! (Totaly meant to post this in the main forum! Oops!) :-)

One of the store clerks at OKW told us last week that the decorating will start in earnest on 11/18. That was disappointing as we have enjoyed it earlier on past trips. :sad1: No decorations at OKW yesterday when we left to return home. Some decorations at DTD. Some over at Fort Wilderness. Not much going at the CR, although they were putting the finishing touches on the Frozen display on Thursday night. We did hear some holiday music! ;)

Any word on when the Beach Club/BW gingerbread displays will be complete? Or the WL huge tree? My parents are there until the 20th and hope to see more than just the Contemporary display/GF house finished but not opened.

Any word on when the Beach Club/BW gingerbread displays will be complete? Or the WL huge tree? My parents are there until the 20th and hope to see more than just the Contemporary display/GF house finished but not opened.

I'm heading to WDW tomorrow...I will update on here. I have 2 castmembers (a good friend's spouse and my daughter's BFF) who are giving me similar info (both work in jobs that would give them access to the schedule) that the decorating will be hot and heavy tonight through the 21st...but then again, the GF gingerbread house was set to open on Friday and was pushed back a week. There is a lot going on in logistics at WDW due to all of the construction...for them to willingly push back a revenue generator like the GF Gingerbread house store makes me wonder...I will live blog the WL tree install IF it goes up during my 11/17-11/21 trip and will post the link to it on this thread. WL went up on 11/19 last year.

I will also report out what's going on...I have ressies at Narcoosses on 11/19, so I will check out the scene. Last year, all of the resorts were started (GF FINISHED) and Thanksgiving is the same date as last year (27 vs. 28th).

I'm heading to WDW tomorrow...I will update on here. I have 2 castmembers (a good friend's spouse and my daughter's BFF) who are giving me similar info (both work in jobs that would give them access to the schedule) that the decorating will be hot and heavy tonight through the 21st...but then again, the GF gingerbread house was set to open on Friday and was pushed back a week. There is a lot going on in logistics at WDW due to all of the construction...for them to willingly push back a revenue generator like the GF Gingerbread house store makes me wonder...I will live blog the WL tree install IF it goes up during my 11/17-11/21 trip and will post the link to it on this thread. WL went up on 11/19 last year.

I will also report out what's going on...I have ressies at Narcoosses on 11/19, so I will check out the scene. Last year, all of the resorts were started (GF FINISHED) and Thanksgiving is the same date as last year (27 vs. 28th).

Thank you! I only have a few days and am really hoping to show mom WL tree.

I'll be at poly this week and will post if any decorations there.

Someone posted pictures of the GF gingerbread house on facebook today. Sure LOOKED complete! Is it not?

Are there any interesting decorations to see at AKL and when will they go up? This is my first year living in Orlando and I'm excited to finally be at WDW during the holidays. I'm planning to spend next Saturday (11/22) at AK and thinking about going to AKL for dinner, but not sure if there's anything to see or if I should pick another resort like GF instead.

We will be in Orlando mid-December, but do not have WDW tickets nor do we have dinner reservations at any of the properties.

We would love to visit the various resorts and check out the Holiday decorations if we can do it at a reasonable cost.

Is parking charged at every resort?

Can we take Disney transportation without WDW if we park at the transportation center or DTD?

We will be in Orlando mid-December, but do not have WDW tickets nor do we have dinner reservations at any of the properties.

We would love to visit the various resorts and check out the Holiday decorations if we can do it at a reasonable cost.

Is parking charged at every resort?

usually, they will allow short term parking for visitors for free. if things are very busy, they might turn you away. hard to say for sure.

Can we take Disney transportation without WDW if we park at the transportation center or DTD?

yes. there is a lot of construction at DTD so be prepared to do some walking and be patient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter