Resort choice help

tfiga1

Mouseketeer
We are considering picking a different resort, we are currently booked at WL, but are wondering if there is a better choice. We have two boys ages 14 and 12 and are looking for a resort that has something that they could do during the day. Since we go to WDW in August, my husband and I like to go back to the room around lunch and stay there until just before dinner and then head back to the parks. The kids hate sitting in the room. In August we stayed at AKL and a couple of times I took the kids to Kidani to use the pool table and the basketball courts. I would stay at Kidani next year, but I am concerned that there is nowhere to eat without a hike. We are currently booked with free dining and if I am going to make a change, I want to do it now before the resorts get booked up. Any suggestions?

TIA

I think WL is a good choice based on your comments. The other thought would be BC or YC which has a great pool which I think benefits older kids vs. kids 5 and under.

I would consider an EP resort - BC, YC or BWI. If they like to swim, BC/YC might be the better choice as the pool is a bit more exciting. There is a ton to do around there - you could rent a surrey bike, ride bikes, walk over to Fantasia mini-golf. They have tennis and volleyball at BC/YC and I believe tennis at BWI. Or, if you are comfortable doing this, the boys could even walk over to EP by themselves and simply walk back to the resort when they are done.

I'm with everyone else here. The Epcot resort area offers quite a bit to keep them occupied. You're also close to DHS (a short boat ride away).

At that age, I would do Epcot area for sure. Our boys are still under 10 and when they get older we plan to utilize those resorts more.

Another vote here for YC/BC. I've stayed at YC before and the pool is amazing. I can imagine that teenage boys would have a blast there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter