resort check-in question

punksmom

Mouseketeer
Can you check-in without your whole party? :confused3

My DD12 and I are going split stay (Aug 19-Aug26 POP, Aug 26 - Sept 1 ASMus):thumbsup2 . I really want to make the switch as painless as possible. Seeing that Aug 26th is the first day of the free dining, I thought I would get up early from POP, take a taxi by myself (while DD showers, etc) to ASMus to check-in, take taxi back to POP to check out and arrange for luggage, collect DD, and then head to the parks for most of the day and return to ASMus sometime in the afternoon. Will this work? Will check you in without DD? Will they give you key to your room if your room is not ready?
TIA
C.

If you are not on the dining plan, you can definitely check in without your whole party, but I don't know if that works if you are on the plan.

If your room is not ready, they will give you the room key card; it just won't open any room door until your room has been assigned and the key has been activated.

Two years ago I checked everyone in although my Husband and Son were going to be 3 days late. He was "checked in" and they gave me their room, Dining, and Park ticket keys and He wasn't even in Florida.

I think it will be ok ;)

If you are not on the dining plan, you can definitely check in without your whole party, but I don't know if that works if you are on the plan.

I believe this is correct...no problem checking in by yourself if you're not getting free dining, but...

I think I read on these boards a couple of months ago that people were being told their entire party had to be present at check-in if they were signed up for free dining. That was being required to make sure people weren't cheating the system by making up "imaginary" people in their party to get more free food.

I'm not 100% sure of this, though...can anyone confirm??? :confused3

Just because we did it two years ago does not mean you can do it now. I know they are always changing things.

I would not call Disney, but the actual resort and ask them. Maybe get a name of a Manager so when you check in you can say you spoke with them about it if they give you any problems.

I was able to check in for my "entire party of 2" without the other person present at the counter. He was off, I believe, at the arcade.... But then I wasn't on the dining plan either...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter