Resort check in DAYS late

pilotwife_02

DIS Veteran
Ok so this may be an odd question but here goes: I exchanged into AKL through RCI and the only day that was available was a Friday check-in but we weren't going to arrive until Sunday. When I spoke to Disney Vacation Member services I was told it was ok since they room was ours, we wouldn't lose the room/reservation.

Will we be ok? Or should we try and get there on Friday? Has anyone done this before?

I have never done it but I would def. call the resort beforehand and let them know I wouldn't be checking in on time. Just to have it noted.

Even if you call you are only going to get the Call Center not the actual resort, so not sure it is going to help to call.

Are you at Jambo House or Kidani. If was me and I was already booked and I could get there on Friday, I would would not want to waste those days, even if you just stay at the resort.

Ok so this may be an odd question but here goes: I exchanged into AKL through RCI and the only day that was available was a Friday check-in but we weren't going to arrive until Sunday. When I spoke to Disney Vacation Member services I was told it was ok since they room was ours, we wouldn't lose the room/reservation.

Will we be ok? Or should we try and get there on Friday? Has anyone done this before?

If a DVC member no shows, the reservation is cancelled. So you might show up to no reservation, even if it is an exchange.

I know I've seen something on the DVC member site (maybe when I am making a reservation), but can't locate. I believe that the reservation goes away after a period of time. I would think that you can make arrangements. Of course exchanges probably work completely different.

We decided not to chance it and just go down on the day the reservation starts! Who can argue extra days in WDW?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter