Resort changers~Our Neverending Story*link to new thread pg231

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heather We are doing CL. DS won't accept anything less. :snooty: Except for CBR or Pop. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

pas Congrats on the switch! Let me know how you like BLT.

mousemommy I think you should give the Poly a try. Even if for just 2 nights. It's such a lovely resort.

So I did some Disney math today with my cousin. We were running the numbers on our ADRs we have planned and our expenses for TS meals is only $458.51. We have 7 TS meals planned. I figured our CS meals will be about $290. That's only $748.71. DDP would have set me back $1236.24. :scared1:

Hi. I am kind of new around here, and need some help. I am not a resort changer...yet...but am thinking about becoming one, and this seemed like a good place to go.

Our issue - we arrive in a week (myself, DW, DD8, DS6, & DS4), and are currently booked in a Ft Wilderness cabin and have a golf cart reserved. But we are thinking long and hard about a last-minute switch to ASMu family suites, and are really at a loss for which way to go. As far as the accomodations go, I think it is a wash. Our kids are too small for the second bathroom to be that big of a deal, and we are not planning to do any cooking so the full kitchen is not that big of a deal, either.

The way I see it, the pros to the Cabins are the Fort itself, with a lot of other things to do, playgrounds, horses, etc. Riding a boat to the MK, or to WL or Contemporary, seems pretty appealing too. I think my kids would really like the frontier town theme. But the thing I am having trouble with is that I am worried that it will feel like camping. If I want to go camping, I will go to my local state park. When I go to Disney, I want to feel like I am at Disney. Will I feel like I am at Disney? Or will it feel like I am at a campground somewhere and riding the bus to Disney every day?

ASMu, on the other hand, will be bustling, active, and feel more like a hotel/resort. But at the end of the day it is a Motel 6 with some over-the-top theming and a big pool. Worried about crowds, noise, etc. Not excited about lining up at the bus stop everyday to be herded on like cattle. I am having the same issue here - will I feel like I am at Disney, or some motel somewhere where the bus takes you to Disney everyday?

Really at a loss for which of these polar-opposite environments my kids will like the best and which will feel more like they are at Disney World. Of course the ASMu is cheaper, which is a factor too.

Don't know what to do. Need some advice - and probably a little therapy. Any suggestions?

Pas- your at BLT in March and BWI cl in November. Is that right? I'm trying to keep up. I didn't even know BLT was on your radar. What kind of room did you get?

YEAH Pas! Doing the BW :dance3: with us.....but for how long? :rotfl: I am still there though.....and no changes! :banana:

Pas- your at BLT in March and BWI cl in November. Is that right? I'm trying to keep up. I didn't even know BLT was on your radar. What kind of room did you get?

Oops just noticed your ticker. It looks like your doing a BLT/BWI split. I guess it's in April. I can't believe April is 3 months away. I'm still stuck in December. That may be because Dh has not removed the Christmas tree from the living room. grrr. I'd do it myself buy the thing weighs a ton.

I like your change.:thumbsup2 How many days at each.

Hi. I am kind of new around here, and need some help. I am not a resort changer...yet...but am thinking about becoming one, and this seemed like a good place to go.

Our issue - we arrive in a week (myself, DW, DD8, DS6, & DS4), and are currently booked in a Ft Wilderness cabin and have a golf cart reserved. But we are thinking long and hard about a last-minute switch to ASMu family suites, and are really at a loss for which way to go. As far as the accomodations go, I think it is a wash. Our kids are too small for the second bathroom to be that big of a deal, and we are not planning to do any cooking so the full kitchen is not that big of a deal, either.

The way I see it, the pros to the Cabins are the Fort itself, with a lot of other things to do, playgrounds, horses, etc. Riding a boat to the MK, or to WL or Contemporary, seems pretty appealing too. I think my kids would really like the frontier town theme. But the thing I am having trouble with is that I am worried that it will feel like camping. If I want to go camping, I will go to my local state park. When I go to Disney, I want to feel like I am at Disney. Will I feel like I am at Disney? Or will it feel like I am at a campground somewhere and riding the bus to Disney every day?

ASMu, on the other hand, will be bustling, active, and feel more like a hotel/resort. But at the end of the day it is a Motel 6 with some over-the-top theming and a big pool. Worried about crowds, noise, etc. Not excited about lining up at the bus stop everyday to be herded on like cattle. I am having the same issue here - will I feel like I am at Disney, or some motel somewhere where the bus takes you to Disney everyday?

Really at a loss for which of these polar-opposite environments my kids will like the best and which will feel more like they are at Disney World. Of course the ASMu is cheaper, which is a factor too.

Don't know what to do. Need some advice - and probably a little therapy. Any suggestions?

Your options are limited because you are a family of 5. I think I would prefer the cabins it's in a much better location. You can take the boat to CR and jump on the monorail. You have a lot more dining options on the monorail. I think that would be a big plus for me.

Welcome welcome aubldr! :cheer2: I am thinking back to my most vivid childhood memories of WDW and they all revolved around the "western frontier theme" stuff... the Diamond Horseshoe at WDW, to River Country, Ft. Wilderness, to Hoop-de-Doo. Go figure. Why? Because I assume it is because I didn't think I was at a themed resort, but I was actually IN a Frontier Town. :thumbsup2 The boats really do rock. The cabins are pretty neat. And you kids may like to take a boat ride to Wilderness Lodge for a meal at Whispering Canyon (lots of fun for kids) and also check out the geyser there. Happy planning. :goodvibes

Oh I am so excited for you and your house and your POP trip. :woohoo: And as you very well know, CR is never far away since all monorails (almost) lead directly to it... :thumbsup2

Thank you so much! :goodvibes I think I'm finally over my disappointment of not stay at CR this trip. I still have it to look forward to on one of future trips!

HI folks! I am new on this thread and on the resort boards really. I'm an oldie when it comes to the board, tho. As a DVCer, I rarely looked at this board, but am now reading a lot of the post on the Resorts board bc I'm a TA now.
Since we normally stay at DVC resorts, I am not sure of my own issue here:

DH and I are going to the World the week of Mardi Gras. We always bring our kids but this time we are dropping them off at the Grands. Since I'm a TA, I get a really great discount on rooms. I was planning on us staying at CSR, but then checked the Pop rates and saw it's only $400 for the 5 nights while CSR is $700. So, for almost half, I can stay at Pop. Most of my clients stay at Pop, so I'd like to be knowledgeable about it. However, I am worried about staying there as we are so accustomed to the DVC resorts.
Is the $300 price difference enough to sway me to stay at Pop?
What would you do??

Thanks!

HI folks! I am new on this thread and on the resort boards really. I'm an oldie when it comes to the board, tho. As a DVCer, I rarely looked at this board, but am now reading a lot of the post on the Resorts board bc I'm a TA now.
Since we normally stay at DVC resorts, I am not sure of my own issue here:

DH and I are going to the World the week of Mardi Gras. We always bring our kids but this time we are dropping them off at the Grands. Since I'm a TA, I get a really great discount on rooms. I was planning on us staying at CSR, but then checked the Pop rates and saw it's only $400 for the 5 nights while CSR is $700. So, for almost half, I can stay at Pop. Most of my clients stay at Pop, so I'd like to be knowledgeable about it. However, I am worried about staying there as we are so accustomed to the DVC resorts.
Is the $300 price difference enough to sway me to stay at Pop?
What would you do??

Thanks!

Welcome!!!

Wellll..... I would stay at CSR :) Then I would tell all my clients that CSR is amazing and to upgrade from POP (therefore getting more commission :laughing:). Just Kidding... but seriously, lol. CSR is our moderate of choice and really is a great resort. I think the pool, the pretty rooms, the grounds and the great big hot tub at CSR are well worth the extra :thumbsup2

Welcome!!!

Wellll..... I would stay at CSR :) Then I would tell all my clients that CSR is amazing and to upgrade from POP (therefore getting more commission :laughing:). Just Kidding... but seriously, lol. CSR is our moderate of choice and really is a great resort. I think the pool, the pretty rooms, the grounds and the great big hot tub at CSR are well worth the extra :thumbsup2

Well, that thought DID cross my mind!!;)
Maybe I'll split stay so I can talk about the differences? lol- I'm a-glutten for punishment!

Welcome!!!

I agree with csr being the mod of choice. I just got my 3 days there with Ap discount to complete my 3 way split stay.:eek:At first it was not available the cm tried to talk me into Por or Pofq...Ah no thanks. Been there done that, and never again. Finally after 20 minutes on hold she came through for me and I got my room. Maybe I'm not such a pain in the you no what after all. She did make a comment about all my reservations cancelled and otherwise. I am sure my file is quite impressive.

brandip22- go with CSR. The pool its fantastic. The only thing it lacks is the location, but you can walk to bb if you want. Very nice resort, and I am a deluxe girl all the way.

Oh, my gosh. Now you all are making me second guess the decision for POP. The issue for me is if I go to CSR, I need to drop 2 or 3 days from our stay. I don't know if I want to do that.

You know, though, I posted this over at the POP Century thread. This is the line of changes for my current trip:

Beach Club
Caribbean Beach
POP Century
Coronado Springs
Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs
POP Century
Coronado Springs
POP century

That is insanity and I really need some sort of intervention!

Oh, my gosh. Now you all are making me second guess the decision for POP. The issue for me is if I go to CSR, I need to drop 2 or 3 days from our stay. I don't know if I want to do that.

You know, though, I posted this over at the POP Century thread. This is the line of changes for my current trip:

Beach Club
Caribbean Beach
POP Century
Coronado Springs
Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs
POP Century
Coronado Springs
POP century

That is insanity and I really need some sort of intervention!

Well....the good thing is that POP has come up the same amount of times as CSR, so you feel pretty equally about them...we LOVED POP and wouldn't hesitate to go back. I have never stayed at CSR, don't really like the theme, though it has a TON of fans. I would NEVER shorten the length of my trip to stay at a resort though...that's just me...I would rather stay longer in a value than shorter in a deluxe for sure...of course this year will be our first deluxe stay so that may change :laughing: I would stick with POP if I were you!

Well....the good thing is that POP has come up the same amount of times as CSR, so you feel pretty equally about them...we LOVED POP and wouldn't hesitate to go back. I have never stayed at CSR, don't really like the theme, though it has a TON of fans. I would NEVER shorten the length of my trip to stay at a resort though...that's just me...I would rather stay longer in a value than shorter in a deluxe for sure...of course this year will be our first deluxe stay so that may change :laughing: I would stick with POP if I were you!

Thanks. I guess I did all of my back and forth before I came over here, lol!

Hi and :welcome: to the thread !

If it were me I would keep the reservation for the cabin at Ft Wilderness as others have mentioned you are only a boat ride away from WL with it's geyser
and WCC a fun place to take the kids to eat, MK & CR and quick access to the monorails all pluses IMO
I have heard the Trailsend Bufferia is great for Breakfast and the HDDR is a lot of fun.............and I do not think anyone mentioned it but you get a great view of the MK fireworks from the beach at Ft Wilderness.
If you will have a car you can park right at your cabin.

The below link is to a TR by one of our RCers who stayed at FT Wilderness for part of her vacation last year, she did a great review of it with lots of pics might help you decide. Enjoy

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2736350

I was curious so I went to price out the cabins for the dates of my trip and was shocked to see that with the current Spring Offer out there they are only $8 a night cheaper than a standard room at BW which sleep 5 a std room at YC/BC would be the same price if available for your trip dates....just sayin if you wanted to you could stay Dxluxe for just a tad more. Not sure what promo you are booked under but you can with the help of Guest Services change resorts if it is available with an expired offer .

So, of course, I have been reviewing BC and Poly again, and contemplating the split stay...I just don't know...I think we will LOVE BC but I don't want to regret not staying at the Poly when we had the chance....I even thought about doing Poly CL the first few nights and then switching to BC?? Decisions, decisions....:surfweb:

Mousemommy, of course, I think this is a great idea! I love BC, but I also love Poly and a split stay between the two is perfect! :)

I am also contemplating Split stays AGAIN!!

Pas, just stopping by to give you a :thumbsup2 And then I saw the BLT/BWI split! Haven't stayed at CR (yet - next year!) but you know that I love your switch to BWI CL!

Just checking in to say Happy Monday :wave:
I'm happy with PP-CL and we have a TPV so that's even better.

Luv, I think TPV anywhere at DL would be amazing - because it's all so close!

Luv and Padawans, worried about the POFQ reviews, but appreciate the honest opinions. I wouldn't have taken the chance before the refurb, so I'm hoping this is a good decision for two nights! Still thinking about WL, but I also want to try something new. I have always ranked CSR as the #1 mod, but we've stayed there so many times. Was it just the rooms, or was it something about the grounds too - I can handle the truth!

Our issue - we arrive in a week (myself, DW, DD8, DS6, & DS4), and are currently booked in a Ft Wilderness cabin and have a golf cart reserved. But we are thinking long and hard about a last-minute switch to ASMu family suites, and are really at a loss for which way to go.

Hi aubldr! We have friends staying at the cabins and arriving next Sunday. I've stayed at WL several times, but never the cabins. And I've stayed at the All Stars but not in the suites. Based on my only semi-relevant experience, I think the cabins are a great choice. The entire area is a nice retreat from the parks and the boat to MK is wonderful. For us, the entire atmosphere is more calm and relaxing! I think you'll appreciate that after a busy day at the parks. I'd stick with your current reservation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter