Resort Change by Disney

So that sounds like Disney is first trying to get people to pay for an upgrade or move and if someone pushes back they get the special team in on it who upgades for free.

It's not the first time they've gone that route but I admit I'm a bit surprised it's what their doing in this situation.
I think it is more that if you call them, then they want you to pay for upgrade. If they call you to move, then it is for free.

In this case, the reservation was probably on their call list already.

SS is one of the few studios that will allow 5, but the 5th has to provide their own bedding ( and by this I mean the thing you sleep on ) and linens for it. I was told last night that only applied to a DVC members, but apparently not?
I wouldn’t be at all happy with that move, hope they fix it for you!
Yeah hopefully they fix it considering people at All stars are getting grand villas...

I agree with her as well. And you are making sense. None of us want to get bumped but the June guests certainly deserve to rebook when parks are open.

Yes, that was what I think. Let’s be fair, it isn’t a good situation for any cash guest who is at a resort that hasn’t been announced when it is opening and the week by week process causes more stress .

But, I really believe that late July guests will have better options!

SS is one of the few studios that will allow 5, but the 5th has to provide their own bedding ( and by this I mean the thing you sleep on ) and linens for it. I was told last night that only applied to a DVC members, but apparently not?
I wouldn’t be at all happy with that move, hope they fix it for you!

SSR 1BR's allow 5 with the 5th person providing the bedding. SSR studios only allow 4 plus one under 3.

The DVC studios that allow 5 of any age are BRV, BWV, BCV, VGF, PVB and Riv.

So that sounds like Disney is first trying to get people to pay for an upgrade or move and if someone pushes back they get the special team in on it who upgades for free.

It's not the first time they've gone that route but I admit I'm a bit surprised it's what their doing in this situation.
It seemed to me that the CMs weren't aware of the option to move🤷‍♀️ The two times they put me through to special teams, they knew right away what I was talking about. The other times, they didn't seem do have that info. I just told them to leave it the way it was, then just called back, because I knew they weren't correct.

talked to a CM today he was extremely nice and basically said they are doing things on rolling bases, but didn’t know how far the next wave would go. also confirmed that they are moving guest from closed to open resorts for no charge but the situation is fluid. I also asked if it was a first come first serve situation and he said as of now yes.

I posted this on another thread with no answer so thought I would try here. We are a split Poly/AKL Jambo staying on rented DVC points. We received an email to confirm about the Poly July 2-4. We haven’t received anything about AKL-J July 4-11. Since AKL-J will be closed, will DISNEY move us (prolly to Kidani) or does that move need to be through the rental company and then DVC? Starting to panic that we will only have a resort for two nights of our stay. Any words of wisdom?

DVC is done differently. So, the owner will be contacted by MS for the Jambo stay about being moved, assuming it remains closed.

Since it is a points booking, DVC will only communicate with the owner....not even the broker,

Once that owner is contacted, they will be told what will happen and then I’m sure you will be notified. I think they have just started and I bet it will go in order of check in date.

DVC is done differently. So, the owner will be contacted by MS for the Jambo stay about being moved, assuming it remains closed.

Since it is a points booking, DVC will only communicate with the owner....not even the broker,

Once that owner is contacted, they will be told what will happen and then I’m sure you will be notified. I think they have just started and I bet it will go in order of check in date.

Thanks!!! That’s what I was beginning to question in my head. I just emailed the rental company.

SSR 1BR's allow 5 with the 5th person providing the bedding. SSR studios only allow 4 plus one under 3.

Oops, you’re right. It’s the 1 br that’s flexible! I’ll fix the post.

Cash stays are held to 4 I thought. Only DVC points can stay 1 bedroom with 5, and providing bedding.

Doesn’t seem like any kind of equity with some moving (Free upgrade) from value/moderate resorts to higher value resorts while others who already had reservations at those locations paid way more.

I mean that happens all the time though. People get bumped to business class or first class when they paid for basic economy, the airline doesn't refund the fare difference of those who paid full price for those tickets. When we did our Transatlantic Cruise we got bumped from an inside stateroom to a balcony room because the cabins weren't full on that sailing. People surely paid for a balcony right from the start but they didn't get a discount because I got an upgrade. If that's what one was willing to pay when they booked initially it shouldn't matter that others are getting upgrades at no additional cost.

I have only ever stayed at one deluxe YC. We are booked for the end of July to beginning of August with a YC GV room. I know absolutely nothing about DVC. What DVC would be comparable or better if they move me ? Would they move me to an upgraded room at SSR or OKW?

Last edited:
I have a suspicion that they are not as booked as we might think... hence letting people modify to a date after 7/11. I think if Disney was already overbooked for the opening, they would only let guests modify to a later date... I’m just holding on to hope that those of us with mid-July dates will be able to go and get into parks at least 75% of the days we have tickets for...

almost everyone that I’ve seen on Facebook has cancelled. On a recent “are you going in September” post, 193 commenters said they have cancelled their reservations due to masks, fireworks, characters, etc. I’m thinking way more people cancelled than we know of.

also wondering... Disney is much larger than universal. Disney should have a LOT more room and as we’ve seen, universal is very slow right now. Thoughts?
It seemed to me that the CMs weren't aware of the option to move🤷‍♀️ The two times they put me through to special teams, they knew right away what I was talking about. The other times, they didn't seem do have that info. I just told them to leave it the way it was, then just called back, because I knew they weren't correct.

Just imagine all the guests that are not aware that they can be moved and are told by these ill informed CMs that they have to modify or cancel. I’m going to guess that most are just cancelling rather than pay for a DVC resort.

We booked Pop specifically for the 2 queen beds... really hoping we don't get an "upgrade" to SSR. 4 adult bodies will not be able to fit in that room lol.

ETA: Dates are July 15-22 so honestly not even sure when we could try and get moved.

So far, they have only announced to July 4th. I am going to assume we will get info at the end of the week for the next rounds.

I think I understand what you are getting at...

I have ASMo booked for July 25-29. If my resort is closed and I call to be moved (whether free or pay) and there’s nothing available because June people were allowed to move their dates. My only option is to modify to different dates. Highly problematic for us as we have a “safe” dvc stay ahead of our movies stay. Definitely not fair and not a good way to do business but I’m hoping Disney is taking the current booked reservations into account when allowing people to book at that time.

Is this what you are concerned about?
But what we don’t know is whether Disney has already taken that into account and has a room for you to be moved to. Perhaps the June people are only being offered what’s left after reassigning the July and early August guests?

Idon’t know and Disney isn’t going to tell us.

I just got off of the phone for our stay beginning 7/4. We were booked at CBR in a standard room. We were moved to OKW 2 bedroom villa. I did not have to wait on hold for more than a few minutes and that was when the Special Teams CM was confirming that she was changing our reservation correctly.

I'm not familiar at all with OKW, is this a good trade? I know the room will be larger, but don't really know what else to expect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter