Resort Change by Disney

What I don't understand is if the Mara is open, why would all of Jambo be closed? If you have guests coming in and out all day long to eat, might as well open the hotel.

If only Kadani is open, where will people eat? There needs to be a CS dining option of some sort right?
The Mara is not open. On the WDW page about operational updates they list the restaurants at each resort that will be open. The Mara is not in there. The union recall list only had the breakfast shift at the Mara, presumably bc Sanaa breakfast is QS and probably cooked by Mara employees. At lunch and dinner I think the Maji will be the only QS food.

Last edited:
It says they will call me about my CBR so Im going to wait to see...I just don't want saratoga...

It says they will call me about my CBR so Im going to wait to see...I just don't want saratoga...
Yeah, when I watched the room tours of all the DVC resorts, Saratoga was my least favorite, followed by OKW.

Woohoo! I got my dates changed!!! :cool1: I got an awesome nice CM (stayed on for survey straigh 5's). We were July 1-5 at Movies but switched to AKL Kidani July 15-19 for a total of $1,582, including tax (though if we drive we'll have to pay the $25 parking per day). We could have chosen the FW Cabins for $1,481 for the same dates and that might have been cool but I've only visited AKL and never stayed so I'm pretty pumped!

I only had to enter my pre-info into the phone and I went straight to a knowledgeable CM so either the rush died down or they had more people on.

What a relief!

Woohoo! I got my dates changed!!! :cool1: I got an awesome nice CM (stayed on for survey straigh 5's). We were July 1-5 at Movies but switched to AKL Kidani July 15-19 for a total of $1,582, including tax (though if we drive we'll have to pay the $25 parking per day). We could have chosen the FW Cabins for $1,481 for the same dates and that might have been cool but I've only visited AKL and never stayed so I'm pretty pumped!

I only had to enter my pre-info into the phone and I went straight to a knowledgeable CM so either the rush died down or they had more people on.

What a relief!

Was this a studio at AKL Kidani? Just trying to gauge how availability is. Although, I know stuff will change and/or fill up. I have a studio rented DVC at BWV for 7/12-18 and a regular BWI for 7/18-21. I have heard studios are filling up though.

Just read a post on Facebook. Someone switched their early July reservation to July 17. Originally supposed to be Jambo house, switched to SSR but then waitlisted Jambo. The waitlist came through today. So maybe Jambo won't be closed after all.

Take with a grain of salt, Waitlists do not usually come in that fast And are not processed that quickly.

However, it could mean Jambo house will open for deluxe rooms, including DVC, by then.

Take with a grain of salt, Waitlists do not usually come in that fast And are not processed that quickly.

However, it could mean Jambo house will open for deluxe rooms, including DVC, by then.
Oh I am. Thought it was interesting because in her original post she just said AKL. So I replied Kidani? And she said no Jambo. I was surprised because it seemed like Disney had blocked off Jambo for the rest of the year.

I'm sorry but the Maji pool bar being the only CS option is completely unacceptable. They literally have 6 food choices and they close at 7. I can only eat the same item so many times. They need to do something else there.

Since I'm at Jambo 7/6-7/10 and I know the resort won't be open, should I try to call tomorrow or wait for them to contact me. Any guesses where we would be moved?

I'm sorry but the Maji pool bar being the only CS option is completely unacceptable. They literally have 6 food choices and they close at 7. I can only eat the same item so many times. They need to do something else there.

Since I'm at Jambo 7/6-7/10 and I know the resort won't be open, should I try to call tomorrow or wait for them to contact me. Any guesses where we would be moved?

The DVC website has said from the start that menus at all the places for food when first opened will have a limited menu.

While that may be standard for that place, it’s going to be that way everywhere for awhile.

Since your dates are beyond what is currently happening, they won’t be doing anything for you yet, All you can do is cancel.

So, as soon as your dates come in to play, then call, If you keep same dates and they have the same policy in place, no idea where you’d go, as it does not seem to be following a pattern....just that guests have no choice

Last edited:
After 4 1/2 hours on hold, we got to a CM. We can move from CBR to a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs for no additional charge. When asked, he said there were no other options. We went ahead and moved since we we know we can’t stay at CBR. We can still cancel which we may or may not do...

Wow, that sounds like an amazing deal. Getting a 2 BR villa at SS for the price of a CBR room? Aren't the 2 BR villas normally $1000+ per night? I wouldn't cancel if I were you. Plus, you'll have lots of dining options in walking distance at DS.

With the limited dining in the resorts and reduced park hours, SS & OKW should be getting more love as they are the most convenient to DS for dining and shopping. It wouldn't be that bad an option to get.
I get what your saying, but we're big room people. Given the choice, I'd rather cook some meals in room or go off property to eat than be stuck in a room I hate for a week.

I get what your saying, but we're big room people. Given the choice, I'd rather cook some meals in room or go off property to eat than be stuck in a room I hate for a week.
Same here...The other thing is when I booked CBR it was because it was the only thing available besides SSR, If I wanted SSR I would have booked it in the first place...

Update here. We hung up after 3+ hours on hold, and tried back again a little later - got right through. We were able to change our June 19-23 at Pop to Copper Creek. Boardwalk Villas was another option but that would've been $100 more.
Wait so did you have to pay to upgrade at all?

Wow, that sounds like an amazing deal. Getting a 2 BR villa at SS for the price of a CBR room? Aren't the 2 BR villas normally $1000+ per night? I wouldn't cancel if I were you. Plus, you'll have lots of dining options in walking distance at DS.
SS is one of the more reasonably priced, but it does run 8-85O rack rate, so it’s a huge savings for sure!

We are OKW owners and avoided staying there for the first 10 years of membership. Once we stayed for the first time, we absolutely loved it; one of our favorite resorts now. The rooms are the biggest on property, and the staff if the best. If you are in a one bedroom or larger, you can't beat it.

Wait so did you have to pay to upgrade at all?

They had a reservation that started during a closed time. Those guests have to rebook a new reservation with different dates after July 11th, since resorts are not open yet, and therefore, pay the difference for what is available

Those with dates during resort openings who want to keep dates, are moved to an open resort for free, If you want to change dates for a stay starting after July 11th, you can do that and then may have a choice of a different DVc resort, but it would no longer be a free move...you’d pay the rack rate for the new resort.

Update here. We hung up after 3+ hours on hold, and tried back again a little later - got right through. We were able to change our June 19-23 at Pop to Copper Creek. Boardwalk Villas was another option but that would've been $100 more.
Did you have to pay the difference from POP to Copper?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter