Resort Change by Disney

All date-based tickets have been adjusted to expire on that day. I think it’s just easier for Disney to adjust the expiration date than it is to issue a massive number of refunds.

I'm wondering why my 4 day PH has been re-extended (now to 9-26-2021) but my daughter's has only been extended to the first extension (12-15-20). I didn't put hers into MDE as early as mine so maybe that's why even thought they were purchased at the same time (band trip to Disney March 12-17 that got cut way short).

Anyone else who has one of the same kind of ticket that didn't get extended to 9-26-21?

I guess I feel like they have to have something up their sleeve. I was one the recovery FD people. Now my end of July reservation has 35% off. Why go to the effort of changing my reservation if you are just going to cancel it a week or so later? Fingers crossed they have some kind of plan...

The one thing I’ve learned with Disney is that their decisions don’t always make sense. I would hope they move people for free, but I’m in the camp that says they’re looking at moving thousands of people to resorts that cost hundreds of dollars more. I think they’re willing to lose guests and make a ton off those willing to absorb the cost.

I honestly hope I’m wrong. I think it would be a horrible decision, but it sure wouldn’t surprise me. That they let guests sit and wonder when they could SAY SOMETHING is inexcusable and has been for a long time. I don’t care how busy they are. Take 5 minutes away from planning for the NBA and tell your guests something.

I'm wondering why my 4 day PH has been re-extended (now to 9-26-2021) but my daughter's has only been extended to the first extension (12-15-20). I didn't put hers into MDE as early as mine so maybe that's why even thought they were purchased at the same time (band trip to Disney March 12-17 that got cut way short).

Anyone else who has one of the same kind of ticket that didn't get extended to 9-26-21?
Was hers part of the band’s package? That may have something to do with it not being extended beyond 12/15/20. Just spitballing.

I just linked a ticket on Saturday and it immediately showed the 09/26/2021 expiration date.

Was hers part of the band’s package? That may have something to do with it not being extended beyond 12/15/20. Just spitballing.

I just linked a ticket on Saturday and it immediately showed the 09/26/2021 expiration date.
They both were. I used one of my days and she didn't. I was a chaperone.

Anyone know why some hotel reservation/confirmation numbers were changed early this week? We are POP last week of july and the numbers were changed this week. Wondering why....

My ticket was extended days before my sister's was and ours were linked to MDE at the same time. It seems random when each pass is extended. I'd still expect your daughter's to be extended soon.

Anyone know why some hotel reservation/confirmation numbers were changed early this week? We are POP last week of july and the numbers were changed this week. Wondering why....
My confirmation number for a FQ reservation for 7/17 was changed from all numeric to alpha-numeric 2 days ago. I have no idea why or what it may mean.

Last edited:
Anyone’s military ticket extended with the new Sept 2021 date? Mine are all displaying 12-18-20 expiration date. I chatted with CM and she said I was good to use my plus option through Sept 2021 but I’m not so sure!! Not sure if military tickets are extended or not.

Anyone’s military ticket extended with the new Sept 2021 date? Mine are all displaying 12-18-20 expiration date. I chatted with CM and she said I was good to use my plus option through Sept 2021 but I’m not so sure!! Not sure if military tickets are extended or not.
Our military salute tickets all still expire 12-18-20.

So I e mailed various people to very politely ask why 12 days of my YC reservation was cancelled and received this.....
‘We can confirm the Yacht Club shows as cancelled, however Disney Signature Services does not have the access to look deeper into the why?‘

And this from guest services,

‘We are excited that you will be visiting us! We would love to be able to assist you, however, our e-mail department cannot access the reservation system to confirm or modify our guests' information on their behalf.’

So now I am trying Guest Communications.
I am not complaining per se, but I would like to know why my reservation was singled out and cancelled, why this wasn’t communicated to me and why I wasn’t given the option to modify. Politely peeved.😉

Our military salute tickets all still expire 12-18-20.
I’m wondering if our tickets will be extended or what. Makes things complicated with room only bookings plus tickets from base. Our base is still selling tickets. I’ll just keep watching! No word on my resort reservations in July.

I guess I wasn't clear .... I'm not talking about anyone who is trying to modify their reservations. If you as a guest initiate a change that is a different process than if Disney is trying to initiate a change on you.

What I was talking about is those who it is "rumored" will be contacted by Disney offering them a move to a deluxe or to cancel. Why would anyone cancel? unless they have to pay the full price of move OR are they offering the move with a discount such as the 35% discount being offered to those losing Free Dining, but it might still be too much? Those that are paying full price for their deluxe may well feel "disadvantaged" if Disney is moving a large number of guests there who are paying considerable less then them with no upcharge.

It would be why I said if you still want to go I would do nothing and put this in Disney's court to make you an offer.

This is us right now. I think it is great for those who might possibly get an upgade, but as I'm reading that I'm finding myself annoyed that I might be paying a significantly higher price than others & find it extremely unfair.

So I e mailed various people to very politely ask why 12 days of my YC reservation was cancelled and received this.....
‘We can confirm the Yacht Club shows as cancelled, however Disney Signature Services does not have the access to look deeper into the why?‘

And this from guest services,

‘We are excited that you will be visiting us! We would love to be able to assist you, however, our e-mail department cannot access the reservation system to confirm or modify our guests' information on their behalf.’

So now I am trying Guest Communications.
I am not complaining per se, but I would like to know why my reservation was singled out and cancelled, why this wasn’t communicated to me and why I wasn’t given the option to modify. Politely peeved.😉
You reservation was for when parks are closed, right? I'm sure that's why. We all know Disney does weird things with no rhyme or reason.

This is us, also. I am paying fun & sun rate for a 2 bedroom at OKW, if other parties of 6 get DVC 2 bedrooms for the same price as an All-Star Music family suite, that doesn't seem fair to me.
We are a family of 6 in a 1 bedroom at AKL w/Savannah view (fun & sun discount as well). I'm wishing we would have done the 2 bedroom at OKW now. They were about the same price, but I'm probably out of luck now.

This is us right now. I think it is great for those who might possibly get an upgade, but as I'm reading that I'm finding myself annoyed that I might be paying a significantly higher price than others & find it extremely unfair.

This is us, also. I am paying fun & sun rate for a 2 bedroom at OKW, if other parties of 6 get DVC 2 bedrooms for the same price as an All-Star Music family suite, that doesn't seem fair to me.

I understand that, I would not be happy at all and tempted to cancel if it becomes a norm (telling them why); not like the parks are giving the full experience anyway. And as a stockholder, they need all the cash they can get so don't give away rooms - if there is going to be a room shortage I will bet they will get booked at close to full rate. And note: I have over 140 onsite stays in all levels ... but the bulk in values because I'd rather go more often with my AP and I would not expect a free upgrade.

To be clear - NOTHING that was shared with me indicated there would be free upgrades. That info is coming from other people. The only part of moving that was shared with me is that each reservation would be looked at individually with a number of checkpoints and a decision would be made with (1) offer of "potential moving" or "cancel" as options OR (2) there would be no option just straight up cancel.

Last edited:
I do remember my email saying that when they changed the package deal from free dining to the 35% off that they would send a new confirmation email which may mean a new confirmation number so maybe that’s the reason why people are seeing different confirmation numbers now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter