• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Bus Service

delilah18

DIS Veteran
What resorts have the best bus service?
I know it can be hit or miss, but in general.:confused3
Last time I went to Disney was 15 years ago:sad:
And which resort has the worst bus service?
thanks

thanks

This is just from my experience - the best bus service we've had was at OKW which serves no other resort and Kidani at the Animal Kingdom Lodge which only stops there and a Jambo House. The worst most awful bus service we've had was at the Boardwalk.

Honestly the bus service at all the resorts is going to be hit or miss because some people will have great luck with very little waits and others might have bad luck and wait forever.

It'll generally be different each time. Disney is good at transport but they can sometimes lack on the amount of buses to a hotel. (IE. Downtown Disney from Coronado)

I like Corornado's service. I don't think any were the worst.

thanks

Pop Century has a good "bus line", they don't share a bus with any resort. For instance, ALL the All Star Resorts share a "bus line". Just remember that if you happen to wait for a long time, chances are good that you just missed the bus.

The worst most awful bus service we've had was at the Boardwalk.

I agree with this 110%, when we went to the Swan we got stuck one night trying to get to DTD, it took us almost an hour. 3 DTD buses were following each other to all 5 hotels on the Deluxe route and would wait even though there were 2 othes there at well. No one boarded our bus the entire time because everyone boarded the first bus in line. It was ridiculous. :headache:

This is very hit and miss. Even at the same resort on different days. There really isn't any pattern and of the 10+ different resorts we've stayed at over many years none were any better than the other.

There isn't separate bus service for each resort, there's one central transportation system that dispatches buses all over the property.

Some resorts have more transportation options than others (boats, monorails, walking, buses), or different transportation options, but there's really no overall difference in reliability or timeliness. Choose the resort with the transportation options and location that works best for you.

We have always had GREAT luck with the All Star Sports Resort. The All Stars buses go to Sports first followed by the other 2. We have never had to wait long in the mornings, and going back to the resort in the day, you are the first stop. A friend went to Disney earlier in the year and stayed at POP, he said by the end of the trip he was tired of seeing the All Stars buses come and go before his showed up.

As others have mentioned, can't put a finger on the worst service.

As others have said, busses may be hit or miss. Some resorts have dedicated bus lines (POP, AKL, I think) and others share (e.g. All Stars or BWI, BC, YC, Swan, and Dolphin). Three other groups of resort deserve mention for transportation options. Monorail hotels can do monorail to MK and Epcot (GF, CR, Poly) and boat to MK. Epcot hotels (BWI, BC, YC, Swan, and Dolphin) can walk or boat to DHS and Epcot. Some moderates (not sure which) have a boat to DTD. We stay at BWI because we like walking to DHS and Epcot. Then we only have to bus to AK, MK, DTD, and water parks, and, if we're hopping midday, we can use the monrail for MK.

With the exception of the bus service at Boardwalk, with has been consistently bad in the evenings, most all of the resorts are about the same.

If I had to vote, I'd give Old Key West the best bus service.

I go to WDW several times a year and have always had the best bus service at CSR (six times). We have also always had good bus service at POFQ. The worst bus service has been CBR (twice), AKL (also twice), and YC.

There is no rhyme or reason from what I've seen. It can even vary by day for each resort. I would think resorts that don't have to share buses would have the best, but that may not be true because of they are sharing they may come more frequently. But that's not necessarily true either. If you're really concerned about transportation, the best option is to stay at a Deluxe which has other options for transportation to some of the parks.

It's true as others have said that there are many different factors:
Which stop are you at the resort, time of year, etc., We've had great service at CBR twice, though others will tell you they had lousy. It could've been due to the stops we were on. We've had lousy at CSR, though others will tell you they had great. In fact, we will be taking our car to DHS because of that service,(Unless we are at an Epcot hotel) and we worked on our patience at that bus stop each day. . So, it really can vary.

Worst bus system we ever encountered was at SSR! Waited over 30 mins sometimes for a bus.. Watched a EP bus pull up about 20 ppl get up and walk toward its and it just pull off!

Every where else was pretty decent tho..Ive stayed at Asmo (2) Asmu, Pop,SSR, CBR, POR, Poly and they were all pretty good with the exception of SSR.. This trip we have a split stay between Poly and AKL so we will experience AKL buses,but thankfully we only need it to get to AK and back.

thanks

First, figure out your budget. Secondly, decide which parks you will visit more frequently. This will narrow down the options.

There isn't separate bus service for each resort, there's one central transportation system that dispatches buses all over the property.

Some resorts have more transportation options than others (boats, monorails, walking, buses), or different transportation options, but there's really no overall difference in reliability or timeliness. Choose the resort with the transportation options and location that works best for you.

+1 to this.

I have stayed at AKL, BC, YC, BW and GF on multiple occasions. Sometimes the bus service has been great; other times not so great. But, I can't point to one resort being much better or much worse than any other.

Pop Century has a good "bus line", they don't share a bus with any resort. For instance, ALL the All Star Resorts share a "bus line". Just remember that if you happen to wait for a long time, chances are good that you just missed the bus.

While the All Stars may always share a bus line, they don't always share busses. I've stayed at the All Stars 4 times now, and it is much more common for each resort to have their own bus than it is for them to share.

I agree with the poster who said figure out your budget and which parks you like the best. No one resort always has great bus service. You have to take the good with the bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter