resort at hollywoods st.

the who #3

DIS Veteran
i think disney needs a resort or dvc at hollywood studios. :) is it possible?
how much property does disney have in that area? i think a resort there would be exactly what hollywood studios needs to make that park more popular. pixiedust: i love hs but it needs something to attract people.

The values are fairly close to DHS. Also, the Epcot resorts have easy access to DHS, too.

The Boardwalk resort and villas are so close. They are just a short walk from Hollywood Studios or boat ride.

We like HS, but a resort is not the problem. There is easy access from the BW resort. What DS needs is more attractions that will draw the guests in. The way it is broken up now there are very few attractions that appeal to everyone. An upgrade has been needed for a long time.

Let's hope HS gets some love in the near future. We usually do half to 3/4 day there, depending on the lines. TSM, ToT, RnR, ST and then start heading out. We have already seen most of the other attractions 100 times and prefer to hop to another park.

The thing that would make the most sense, and actually be a real draw, would be if they were able to do a Marvel themed resort. Not sure if the contract allows for it or not, I'm guessing probably not. Imagine the traffic in that resort if they could do M&G and character meals.

Add some Star Wars attractions to DHS, a couple of Pixar (or even Cars Land East), and a back-gate resort like Marvel and it would definitely be a boost for that park.

The Boardwalk resort and villas are so close. They are just a short walk from Hollywood Studios or boat ride.

This^

Also there is no real land around the DHS entrance for a new resort. But as others have posted don't think a new resort would make any difference.

This^

Also there is no real land around the DHS entrance for a new resort. But as others have posted don't think a new resort would make any difference.

There is more than enough land right across World Drive for a big resort. Pretty easy to build a walking bridge over that big enough to make it a nice walk across to a backdoor/second entrance.

There is also enough land just southwest of the park that would have to be re-designated from not-suitable to build. Pretty much the entire WDW is built on a swamp and they know how to re-engineer the land to make it suitable to build, so I don't think that would be much of an issue. That would give them a back-entrance right into Streets of America/Lights Motors Action, or whatever would replace them in the future.

Even if it was a big issue (not suitable to build), there is a big tract of land between Osceola Parkway and Wide World of Sports that isn't far away in terms of distance.

If they wanted to, they could also put a tower at the southeast intersection of World Drive and Buena Vista Drive, with an entrance right onto Sunset Blvd in the park. There is already an entrance there (Cypress Drive) that could be used for the resort. You could probably fit 2 Bay Lake Towers in that spot.

Depending on the theme of the resort, it could mean a substantial uptick for the park. DHS could become a more male-centric park with Star Wars, CarsLand, and a potential Marvel resort. Again, I don't know if a Marvel resort is doable with the contract with Universal, but even if not, a Star Wars Resort would likely work just as well.

There are Resorts right across the drive from the studios, they are call the Swan and the Dolphin. They are not part of the WDW Resort per say but they are resorts, all the same, a bit pricey, and seam to hold their own with getting quests. :confused3

There is more than enough land right across World Drive for a big resort. Pretty easy to build a walking bridge over that big enough to make it a nice walk across to a backdoor/second entrance.

There is also enough land just southwest of the park that would have to be re-designated from not-suitable to build. Pretty much the entire WDW is built on a swamp and they know how to re-engineer the land to make it suitable to build, so I don't think that would be much of an issue. That would give them a back-entrance right into Streets of America/Lights Motors Action, or whatever would replace them in the future.

Even if it was a big issue (not suitable to build), there is a big tract of land between Osceola Parkway and Wide World of Sports that isn't far away in terms of distance.

If they wanted to, they could also put a tower at the southeast intersection of World Drive and Buena Vista Drive, with an entrance right onto Sunset Blvd in the park. There is already an entrance there (Cypress Drive) that could be used for the resort. You could probably fit 2 Bay Lake Towers in that spot.

Depending on the theme of the resort, it could mean a substantial uptick for the park. DHS could become a more male-centric park with Star Wars, CarsLand, and a potential Marvel resort. Again, I don't know if a Marvel resort is doable with the contract with Universal, but even if not, a Star Wars Resort would likely work just as well.

As far as I know its just marvel in the parks thats why they can wrap monorails and buses. A marvel resort can happen without a problem from universal but I don't think disney is focusing on new resorts right now. They need to boost attendance in DHS rather than build a hotel near they have plenty of resorts within a mile to two mile range. But I would like to see a marvel or Star Wars themed hotel at some point.

Just think how the star wars fans would flood in to a park with a new star wars section connected to a sw themed resort. They could build the resort on top of the new parking garages.

Just think how the star wars fans would flood in to a park with a new star wars section connected to a sw themed resort. They could build the resort on top of the new parking garages.

Do you want to stay in the Death Star, the Millenium Falcon, Rebel Base, Mos Eisley Space Port, or Theed Palace?

Do you want to stay in the Death Star, the Millenium Falcon, Rebel Base, Mos Eisley Space Port, or Theed Palace?

I figure they need to have several slowly rotating sections of rooms with in the shell of the resort-- every time you come out of your room you are somewhere else. It would make it interesting finding your room at the end of a long night.

As far as I know its just marvel in the parks thats why they can wrap monorails and buses. A marvel resort can happen without a problem from universal but I don't think disney is focusing on new resorts right now. They need to boost attendance in DHS rather than build a hotel near they have plenty of resorts within a mile to two mile range. But I would like to see a marvel or Star Wars themed hotel at some point.

Not likely to see the Marvel Hotel. The Contract mentions an exclusivity zone that would cover the Walt Disney World Resort for any sort of Marvel themed entertainment or retail type establishment. Even if it's officially a hotel, it really wouldn't be a hard stretch for someone to say it would be covered under those clauses in the contract and therefor in violation.

If they wanted to Build a marvel Themed DVC in National Harbor however, they could. But that's not likely to happen either.

I figure they need to have several slowly rotating sections of rooms with in the shell of the resort-- every time you come out of your room you are somewhere else. It would make it interesting finding your room at the end of a long night.

Would make the evening after F&W quite interesting....

"Um.... Did I drink too much? or is the room ACTUALLY spinning?"

:lmao:

None of these ideas make sense. There are enough resorts in the general vicinity of HS that the park itself doesn't need a specific themed resort. Although maybe they could put some rooms in that giant hat to get some use out of that monstrosity.

Also, did you really think the spinning/changing rooms resort is a good idea? Guess you never read of the death at the America Sings attraction then, maybe name the resort Liability Central.

There is something to attract people to MGM...it's called RocknRoller coaster. Duh.

Also there's this little something called "Orange Harvest", am I right, people? ;)

None of these ideas make sense. There are enough resorts in the general vicinity of HS that the park itself doesn't need a specific themed resort. Although maybe they could put some rooms in that giant hat to get some use out of that monstrosity.

Also, did you really think the spinning/changing rooms resort is a good idea? Guess you never read of the death at the America Sings attraction then, maybe name the resort Liability Central.

The idea was meant to be entertaining and maybe thought provoking. Good is a subjective concept.

I hesitate to respond to this post since you and your friend joined the dis about 5 minutes apart and left posts with little insight probably designed to generate responses.

Oh well, I guess I fell for it. LOL

But just remember any SW themed resort attached to a park would have to be a deluxe. How many Star Wars fans are willing to pay $400 a night or more for a room?

While I know that this is just a conversation, I'm not sure how a new resort attracts people to a park. Did AKL and its DVC boost AK numbers?

And to a reply to a PP, yes there is tons of land around DHS, but any resort location has to make sense from a number of standpoints like sight lines just not the fact that its empty land. :thumbsup2

I think a classic Hollywood style hotel would be really cool. With or without the "Terror".

If they wanted to Build a marvel Themed DVC in National Harbor however, they could. But that's not likely to happen either.

Disney sold that plot of land back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter