Resort alcohol policies

I walked into Magic Kingdom in November with beer in my mug around 11pm on a Saturday night noone stopped me but I got scared and dumped it in the Family Bathroom toilet.

After 4 stays on property it never once occurred to me that we would be allowed to drink our own drink at the pool! We have bought beer/wine in the supermarket for the room but always paid ridiculous poolside prices!!! So if we brought beer in cans or plastic bottles we'd be fine to have it in a coolbag at the pool?

Great news!! :thumbsup2

mo x

What about bringing a cooler pool-side with drinks (in plastic)? Does anybody do that?

Save $$ by bringing your own drinks to the pool. No glass but anything else is fine. We always have cocktails in our room or at the pool. We even walk to EPCOT from the Boardwalk with our own drinks. You can't go in with them but right up to the turnstiles you are good!! ;)

Our trip in September 2012 was the first time I was ever stopped and told I couldn't bring a drink in or out of a park. I had done it several times in the past

you have no worries about poolside partying!

We have brought close to a full bar to the pool when we have had a group of us liking various beverages. Last trip I was making Seven Seas cocktails and long Island Iced teas. We had quite a few other guests ask if they could join us. The only requirement is to bring your own cup. We take our Disney mugs!

during out trip in 2009 me and my dh had trouble sleeping mostly due to being hyper from all there is to do at Disney world. so in 2010, we decided:idea: to go to the pool bar each night and get a mixed drink "to go" and we took them to our room and slept like babies. Drinks were in plastic cups. we did not bring any alcohol from home as we don't normally drink before bedtime.

I walked into Magic Kingdom in November with beer in my mug around 11pm on a Saturday night noone stopped me but I got scared and dumped it in the Family Bathroom toilet.

That is too funny. I did the same thing at an airport once. Only I got thru security with a bottle of water. I was so scared when I saw it in my bag that I threw it away. Lol! I knew it was just water but I figured someone was watching! Then I bought another bottle to take on the plane with me! :rotfl2::rotfl::confused3

lol:lmao: you got scared :lmao: That is funny, so you snuck the beer in your refillable mug, huh?

We bring Red Solo Cups and even drink wine from them, plastic is plastic! Bus drivers don't like them on their bus! We just found they travel easy, they decorate easy, and the multiple sizes allow a matching set when the family is drinking different beverages! It also brings on singing at every turn!

Bus drivers don't like them on their bus!

That would be because food and drink are not allowed on the buses. Some will let you get away with a cup of coffee in the morning or a few snacks, but others are more strict. I imagine that passengers with alcoholic beverages are a strict no no.

This may have already been mentioned, but quite a few (if not all) of the gift shops at WDW resorts do sell small bottles of liquor, so you could even make your own if you'd like. I do know that the Poly sells it in the upstairs shop of the Grand Ceremonial House.

I stayed at BLT on the top floor on my last trip. Was great since it was just me and two kids. I'd run down the hall to the lounge and get a drink (in regular glass) and take it back to the room. Bartenders had no problem with me taking it with me. They also opened a bottle of wine that I brought from home...difficult cork. :)

On a random note, I injured my knee with a clumsy fall the other day and my husband served me wine in my Disney refillable mug! We went to Wal Mart and bought wine and beer for the room, because I am pickey and had no issues. Knowing about the plastic, I'd just fill my refillable mug and wash it well when I got back to the room. (or since we have them, bring a wine designated one!) but we did take drinks back to our room from the pool one night of our stay.

On a random note, I injured my knee with a clumsy fall the other day and my husband served me wine in my Disney refillable mug! We went to Wal Mart and bought wine and beer for the room, because I am pickey and had no issues. Knowing about the plastic, I'd just fill my refillable mug and wash it well when I got back to the room. (or since we have them, bring a wine designated one!) but we did take drinks back to our room from the pool one night of our stay.

:scared:Those mugs don't hold much! :rotfl2:
But a good idea if you can't bring cups and you have a mug!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!