Resort airline check in boarding pass issue

pens4821

DIS Veteran
Not sure which forum this goes, just want to throw this out there so people know. It may have been discussed before, but I don't frequent the transportation board.

We used resort check in. They took our bags (all worked out) and gave us our boarding passes. When we got to MCO we stood in line for 20 minutes got up front and one of the passes wouldn't scan. As he was trying he looked at us and said are you coming from Disney and had them print these? We said yes and he said it happens quite often.

Two of our five passes wouldn't scan. We had to get out of line, go to a kiosk to print new passes, then stand another 25 minutes. Now we had nothing Disney on so I don't think he was just saying that.

Luckily we were early, so we had plenty of time. I'd suggest printing your own passes once at the airport to be safe.

Usually they boarding passes RAC prints out has the Mickey emblem in the background. I've never had a problem.

That's great if everyone in your party has a cell phone. When you're travelling with kids, that's not as easy.

The Alaska Airlines app is pretty good that you can flip between multiple boarding passes pretty quick. I am not sure about other airlines.

I've used RAC more times than I can remember. I've never had an issue with a boarding pass issued by them. Can it happen? Sure. Does it happen all that often? I doubt it. If it did, there would be a lot more written about it. And something would have to be done.

The same thing happened to us on our last stay. Bar codes wouldn't scan on either of the boarding passes. We should have known better as the bar code print quality was very poor. We'll be sure to check the boarding passes more closely the next time we use RAC.

I just have the TSA agent scan my phone. No boarding pass needed
I'm not brave enough to try that yet. At MCO I've seen TWO people (different travel days) turned away after TSA couldn't scan the phone. They were sent back for actual boarding passes. I've not seen that anyplace else, but it's not worth the potential hassle to me. Once through those lines is enough. ::yes::

The Alaska Airlines app is pretty good that you can flip between multiple boarding passes pretty quick. I am not sure about other airlines.

It's the same with Allegiant. I've done it. I would think that the person doing the check-in on their phone would have access to all boarding passes for all members of the party on any airline, but I guess other airlines may operate differently.

I didn't use our phones for boarding passes because I wasn't sure how it'd work with my nephew.

Like someone else said, i'm sure it doesn't happen often, but it does happen (as someone else here said it happened to them). The TSA agent wasn't shocked that it happened-he knew where we were coming from, so it must happen enough for them to notice. Yeah, may not impact that many people, but if you're running behind having to get out and go back could cut you close. It took us probably an hour to get from the entrance to the airport to our gate.

When we went two years ago, our bus wasn't three hours before our flight, probably closer to two with a couple stops after us. If this would've happened last time, I honestly don't think we would've made it.

When we went two years ago, our bus wasn't three hours before our flight, probably closer to two with a couple stops after us.

That is very very weird.

It's been 3 since we've been going to WDW, and we only started in 2010.

That is very very weird.

It's been 3 since we've been going to WDW, and we only started in 2010.

We should've changed it but didn't. I don't remember exatly but I know it was definitely no more than 2.5 hours. To tell you how close it was: They couldn't do resort check in for us, so we had to at the airport. By the time we did that, got through security, grabbed a muffin at Starbucks we were boarding the plane. That cut it WAY to close to us and if it ever happens again we will request an earlier bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter