RESOLVED: Resizing Photo Dimensions on Mac

soniam

Wooden leg named Smith...
I am sure this has been asked, but searching did not give good results. I have not done a lot of photo resizing on my Mac. I am trying to use Preview, but it does not seem to change the actual physical display size/dimensions of the photo. It only changes the resolution/file size. I have mucked around with the resample and scale options to no avail. I used to use some websites to do it, but the images from our new Nikon 810 are too big for those. Good and bad problem to have. I also tried iPhoto, but it only seems to let me resize when exporting and only as small, medium, and large. The difference between the physical sizes of small versus medium was just too much. So, what are you using/how are you resizing your photos on a Mac to display on the boards? Currently, my pics are just too big to see well on a typical laptop screen. Thank you

I use Preview. First, I make a copy, and then I go under Tools, where I resize the Photos to 600 megapixels. I then upload the photo to Photobucket, where I can then post it to a website.

I use Preview. First, I make a copy, and then I go under Tools, where I resize the Photos to 600 megapixels. I then upload the photo to Photobucket, where I can then post it to a website.

I can change pixels, inches, percentages all day in Preview, and even copy it to a new name before hand, but it still displays as the same physical size it was originally when I upload the file to the boards and insert the full image. I have checked that the file size I am uploading is smaller than the original files size too. I am not sure I want to deal with a photo hosting site yet.

I am wondering if there is something wrong with the version of Preview/OS that I have. I am running Preview 6.0.1 on OS X 10.8.5. Maybe I'll try my Mac Air; I think it has a different OS/Preview version, since it's newer.

The Nikon software is working. I found someone complaining on the Apple support boards about the same problem I am having. I think it might be an issue with the version of Preview. I might need to update or see if my Mac Air has a different version. However, I like the Nikon software better anyway. Thanks

If you are using the current Photos application on Mac OS X 10.10
Select the Image you want
Command + Shift + E (Export)
Here is what not clear. Photo Kind is JPEG On The RIGHT there is a [v] Button Click It.
It Expands add Jpeg Quality and Size [Defaults to Full Size] select the dropdown and other options including Custom appear when you define any image size you want.

More tips at http://www.photodisneyblog.com

If you are using the current Photos application on Mac OS X 10.10
Select the Image you want
Command + Shift + E (Export)
Here is what not clear. Photo Kind is JPEG On The RIGHT there is a [v] Button Click It.
It Expands add Jpeg Quality and Size [Defaults to Full Size] select the dropdown and other options including Custom appear when you define any image size you want.

More tips at http://www.photodisneyblog.com

Thanks. I'll give that a try this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter