• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resolution In Action (Hopefully, It Keeps the Space)

Ran 7 km in about 45 minutes yesterday with my co-worker. However, once we got to the 5km or so mark, we stopped at a coffee shop. We rested there for about 30 minutes. Felt really sore for the rest of the day.

I was planning on running today, but right now, I'm fighting a massive hangover, so I don't know if I'll get a chance or not..

14 mile run in my freak shoes (aka Vibrams). The 60 degree weather was a little warm, but it was a nice day to celebrate day #1300.

14 mile run in my freak shoes (aka Vibrams). The 60 degree weather was a little warm, but it was a nice day to celebrate day #1300.

Dude, I hope to one day be able to whip out a 14 mile run. I was struggling to finish 3 today, made the mistake of eating before I ran. It was about 2 hrs earlier, but it killed me during the run..and it was a white meat chicken sandwich with lettuce. No cheese, mayo or anything else.

So ends week 8 day 1 of the C25K.

Matt

Dude, I hope to one day be able to whip out a 14 mile run. I was struggling to finish 3 today, made the mistake of eating before I ran. It was about 2 hrs earlier, but it killed me during the run..and it was a white meat chicken sandwich with lettuce. No cheese, mayo or anything else.

So ends week 8 day 1 of the C25K.

Matt

I can handle peanut butter on toast or maybe even a bean burrito a few hours before a run, but nothing really solid.

I can't say that I "whipped it out," but it was a lot easier than it used to be. Just keep with it - right now, a 10k looks pretty daunting. But, once you run a few 10ks, than a 3 mile run gets pretty easy, in general. And, if you transition to a half-marathon, then eventually a 10k is a fairly mid-distance run. Head for marathons and beyond, and anything in the single digits is a short run. :rotfl:

I can handle peanut butter on toast or maybe even a bean burrito a few hours before a run, but nothing really solid.

I can't say that I "whipped it out," but it was a lot easier than it used to be. Just keep with it - right now, a 10k looks pretty daunting. But, once you run a few 10ks, than a 3 mile run gets pretty easy, in general. And, if you transition to a half-marathon, then eventually a 10k is a fairly mid-distance run. Head for marathons and beyond, and anything in the single digits is a short run. :rotfl:

The peanut butter on toast sounds good, but I may just swear off of food until after I run. I think after I get the program complete, Im going to try and work on my speed, as Im keeping the treadmill on 5mph right now. Try to work it up to six or so, and then try to extend the mileage.

Matt

Got 2 3/4 miles done this afternoon. Feeling pretty good so far! Week 8 Day 2 is done baby!

Ran almost three km yesterday morning before work and almost two km this morning. I plan on getting another run in tonight after I finish work (I wanted to run last night, but hadn't planned on it an had already made plans with DW). I have just over two weeks to get ready for my 10k...April 7th is creeping up fast...:scared1:

Good job man! I'm having a hard time getting three workouts in a week right now, but I'm getting ready yo start week 9. Depending on how long my meeting runs today, it may not be today either.

Good job man! I'm having a hard time getting three workouts in a week right now, but I'm getting ready yo start week 9. Depending on how long my meeting runs today, it may not be today either.

Yeah, I'm doing my best to try to crack down and get moving. I didn't run at all last week...

I haven't post here much since Tim and I started our Nemesis Chalenge, but I thought I'd take a quick peak to see how you guys are doing. Keep up the good work!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I haven't post here much since Tim and I started our Nemesis Chalenge, but I thought I'd take a quick peak to see how you guys are doing. Keep up the good work!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Ok, I have to ask what the Nemesis challenge is? Is this one of those things where you swear off bacon until the other guy caves?:rotfl2:

Ok, I have to ask what the Nemesis challenge is? Is this one of those things where you swear off bacon until the other guy caves?:rotfl2:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Check out the 1/2 Marathon Training PTR link in Barry's sig.

Ran a total of 5.29km tonight. The first 2.79 or so km I was running a 5:45/km pace. I finished the run with a 5:54/km overall pace. I was able to run it in 31:15. A little sore right now, four hours after I finished, but I'm happy with my results.

Not doing a run in the morning, since that would mean waking up in 4 hours. I'll try to do a 20 minute run tomorrow night after work.

Ran a total of 5.29km tonight. The first 2.79 or so km I was running a 5:45/km pace. I finished the run with a 5:54/km overall pace. I was able to run it in 31:15. A little sore right now, four hours after I finished, but I'm happy with my results.

Not doing a run in the morning, since that would mean waking up in 4 hours. I'll try to do a 20 minute run tomorrow night after work.

:eek:

That's about 10 MPH. You must have been haulin Bub! I'm lucky to finish at 5 mph sustained over the 28 minutes I jog.

:eek:

That's about 10 MPH. You must have been haulin Bub! I'm lucky to finish at 5 mph sustained over the 28 minutes I jog.

Are you sure? I could have sworn it's almost 10 KPH (6.2MPH)...

I just did a quick 20'30" run tonight. Covered 3.43km. Slightly slower than last night at 5:57/km.

Its supposed to rain tomorrow, so I don't think I'll get a run in (plus, I kinda wanna relax after running 4 times in 3 days). However, I hope to run with my coworker on Saturday, maybe another 7km or so.

Are you sure? I could have sworn it's almost 10 KPH (6.2MPH)...

I just did a quick 20'30" run tonight. Covered 3.43km. Slightly slower than last night at 5:57/km.

Its supposed to rain tomorrow, so I don't think I'll get a run in (plus, I kinda wanna relax after running 4 times in 3 days). However, I hope to run with my coworker on Saturday, maybe another 7km or so.

DOH

Your right! I forgot to convert the KMH to MPH. Stoopid metric system.:rotfl2:

Hope to head to the Y tonight and get my run on, this 2x a week stuff is killing me.

Casey you have motivated me!

I decided to restart my C25K program (not fully) because I was not improving on my speed at all. So I dropped back a few weeks and here I am.
I did weigh myself this evening and I'm now down to 204! WOot!

Keep working guys, it does help!

cool thread guys. Just the thing I need to hold myself accountable. just got into running and looking to run a half marathon by next year. but for now I'm looking to just get to running for 10 minutes straight. Down 2 lbs after a week. need to drop another 40 or so and I will be about where I need to be.

cool thread guys. Just the thing I need to hold myself accountable. just got into running and looking to run a half marathon by next year. but for now I'm looking to just get to running for 10 minutes straight. Down 2 lbs after a week. need to drop another 40 or so and I will be about where I need to be.

Nice job - deciding to do it is the hardest part. Keep it up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter