Residence Inn Port Canaveral Shuttle

Michellynn

Finding shopping opportunities at every destinatio
Before posting, I did some searching on the boards and see that several people have confirmed that there is indeed a shuttle from the Residence Inn in Cape Canaveral.

I've been able to find that it is a $6/person charge.

However, what I haven't seen anyone go into, is how to book "your spot" on the shuttle and what times the shuttle run.

One of the reasons I'd like to use the Residence Inn is so that we can get to the port early, and it is really close to the port (also, I travel a lot for work and have Marriott points I can use to book our rooms).

However, I assume there will be others staying here that need to get to the port as well that morning. So I'd like to understand how/when to reserve your 'seats" on the shuttle.....and what times they leave the Residence Inn to go over. I'd like to get to the port as close to when the port opens as possible (is that 10AM or 10:30..I've seen both) so that we can get an early boarding number.

Does anyone have any details on this?

We took the Residence Inn shuttle before our cruise in August of 2012.

At that time the cost was $3/person/direction (we only needed it one way) - paid in cash at the time of pickup. We simply had to sign up for the shuttle at the front desk of the hotel. It is an outside company that runs it, and on our cruise there were a lot of people who needed the shuttle, so they brought a second bus.

As of our trip, the shuttle arrived at the hotel at 11:00, and we were at the cruise port before 11:30 (not sure of the exact time). The busses were nice and clean and the drivers were friendly. We'll be doing the same thing again on our cruise next week.

As of our trip, the shuttle arrived at the hotel at 11:00, and we were at the cruise port before 11:30 (not sure of the exact time). The busses were nice and clean and the drivers were friendly. We'll be doing the same thing again on our cruise next week.

Was that the earliest available shuttle? It seems sort of late considering how close to the port it is, AND that the port opens at 10AM (if you take the DCL transfer from MCO, and take the first buses out..you get to port between 10 and 10:30)

Our experience was similar to Aura of Foreboding's, except there was only one bus that left at 1100. No other shuttle departures were offered, I believe it's a once-per-day thing.

I called the Residence Inn directly. They quoted me $3 pp each way. I didn't ask them about a sign up or time. The most reliable information might come directly from them.

When we went, 11:00 was the only time - there were just enough people to warrant two busses. We found that was plenty early enough, as by the time we got checked in, our number was called and we could go straight onto the boat.

Considering the busses from the WDW resorts don't arrive until after 1:00, and generally boarding doesn't start until 11:15 or so, the shuttle worked well for our plans. The only way it might not be early enough is if you are trying for a paid port upgrade or something.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

My main thing was that I wanted a low boarding number...which is why I was trying to get in as early as possible.

Looks like I might just decide to book a Marriott near the airport and take DCL transfer from MCO in the morning since staying near the port doesn't really get me anything. It's always nice to take the Disney buses (IMO)...so, if I gain nothing on time, I might as well opt for the convenience of DCL transfer both ways (to/from).

Thanks everyone for the responses.

My main thing was that I wanted a low boarding number...which is why I was trying to get in as early as possible.

Looks like I might just decide to book a Marriott near the airport and take DCL transfer from MCO in the morning since staying near the port doesn't really get me anything. It's always nice to take the Disney buses (IMO)...so, if I gain nothing on time, I might as well opt for the convenience of DCL transfer both ways (to/from).

Your boarding number is going to be tied to your port arrival time from what I understand. You receive your port arrival time when you do online check-in. The earlier the port arrival time, the lower your boarding number will be. I don't think the time you arrive at the port is tied any longer to what boarding number you get since Disney implemented the port arrival time stuff.

I believe the earliest port arrival time is 10:30. Concierge boards first.

Your boarding number is going to be tied to your port arrival time from what I understand. You receive your port arrival time when you do online check-in. The earlier the port arrival time, the lower your boarding number will be. I don't think the time you arrive at the port is tied any longer to what boarding number you get since Disney implemented the port arrival time stuff.

I believe the earliest port arrival time is 10:30. Concierge boards first.

The interesting thing here...as I read more about my options...I found on a website that specializes in great deals for all things Disney (not sure if I can mention that site by name...so I won't..LOL)....that if you use the DCL transfer in the morning from MCO, that you do not choose a port arrival time...you just take the bus and get there when you get there. Your boarding number is assigned based on when you arrive at the port (the site page was updated just a few days ago...so hopefully that is accurate).

That may very well be true. We've never used DCL transport from MCO before. Also, we haven't cruised since the port arrival time thing started. The cruise we are taking next Saturday will be the first time for us under the new system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter