• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Residence Inn on International Drive

MichelleB

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever stayed here? We've got a reservation for Dec. and I haven't heard anything about this location. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last year, I was planning to stay there until I found this board. As I recall, someone said that there was no pool on site, but you had pool privledges at the Marriott next door. Don't know much more than that. We ended up going to HIFS instead, which was great.

There are two Residence Inns in the International Drive area. One is on the corner of Sand Lake Road and canada Drive and the other is on Universal Boulevard.

The Canada Drive location is about 15 yrs old and is spread out over a large lot with lots of two-story villa type buildings.

The Universal Blvd location is about 1-2 years old and is in walking distance in Pointe Orlando, Mercado Village the convention Center and lots of other attractions.

Both are nice, and meet Marriott standards.

Cheers!

My parents and I stayed here in 1997,98,99,2000. We enjoyed although we were a little dissapointed in it in 2000. We always had to get something from main desk that was never left when rooms were cleaned for the day.

The pool here is great basketball and volleyball area picnic area plus you can eat by the pool as they have an extended Continental breakfast is free. Monday through Thursday nights they are food available, usually finger foods though one night was Macaroni and cheese.

Laundry available -full size kitchen area with big refrigerator, stove/oven,dishwasher, Microwave, pans, dishes glasses dishes etc. 2 tv's I am sure I'm forgetting a few things but check www.residenceinn.com and that will help with what I left out.

The other one is just a couple of minutes from this one . If you go out of driveway and take a left from canada drive to sand lake rd then take a right onto Universal Blvd the residence inn will be on your right just a short ways down.

WDW-73,76,79,80,92,97,98,99,2000, 3/2002
suez@iluvdisney.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter