Residence Inn- found a good deal!

disneydreamer21

disneydreamer
We are planning our first trip to DW and after HOURS of research, I've decided on staying outside DW at the Residence Inn LBV. From what I've read, it is a great hotel. For $89 a night, I got a two bedroom suite (one with a king bed, the other with two bunk beds) and a living/kitchen combo in the middle. We did get a gov't rate, but I think it was only $99 a night without it. We are going in mid July. Just wanted to let people know who are looking for a good deal! If anyone has stayed there, I would love to hear reviews on it.

We are planning our first trip to DW and after HOURS of research, I've decided on staying outside DW at the Residence Inn LBV. From what I've read, it is a great hotel. For $89 a night, I got a two bedroom suite (one with a king bed, the other with two bunk beds) and a living/kitchen combo in the middle. We did get a gov't rate, but I think it was only $99 a night without it. We are going in mid July. Just wanted to let people know who are looking for a good deal! If anyone has stayed there, I would love to hear reviews on it.

That's a great rate for a Residence Inn for a 2BR. I believe they generally come with a free hot breakfast and maybe an evening social type thing (snack foods, etc.) I've never stayed at the one at LBV, but it sounds like you did pretty well. :thumbsup2

Yes, there is a free hot breakfast daily, and free shuttles to all DW parks. We are probably going to rent a car for a few days, to go to Universal and for the "comfort" of getting around.

I just saw a deal for Caribe Royale for $109/nite and was considering that for a June trip. And that is for a 1 bdrm I know it's a nice hotel but I did'nt want to spend over $100 so I will look into this maybe a 1 bdrm would be even less at the Residence Inn than the 2 bdrm for $89. Thanks

We've stayed there a few times and really like it. Have never seen bunk beds listed in a 2 b/r suite though, usually it is a K and 2Q and 2 bathrooms. I have seen the "family suite" listed with the bunk beds, but I thought that was more of a nook off the main room, not the separate bed and bath. They may have changed the options since we stayed there last November, but you might want to check the Marriott website for room descriptions so there are no surprises. Either way, I'm sure your family will thoroughly enjoy the resort, the morning breakfast, nice pool area and great rooms. Have fun!

On the website, it is considered a "bedroom," however, you could be right about it being more of a "nook." All my husband and I were looking for was a seperate sleeping area for our kids, and it has a TV and closet attatched, which I consider to be perfect. You are right about there only being one bathroom, but for $89, it's great for us! We also consider the free breakfast and kitchen to be huge $$ savings. I've read reviews on Travelocity and couldn't find one negative thing about it! (besides bad coffee, which we don't drink!)

I visited the main website for marriott hotels. The actual website for the Residence Inn LBV is marriottresidenceinnlbv. I clicked on the gov't rate, which gave me two options, a one bedroom suite for $89, or a family suite which includes two bunkbeds in one room, and a king in the other for $89. My hubby works for the gov't, but from what I've heard, they never actually check ID's. If you're willing to take the risk, you can get the same rate. (if you don't have your ID, you will be asked to pay the regular rate.) I think I only got a 10% savings, but could be wrong.

Marriott recently announced that they would be requiring a govt credit card or ID at check-in, but I still think enforcement has been spotty. I am also a govt employee and am usually ask these days for ID at all the major chains.

Sheila

Last time I stayed at a Marriott property in Lake Buena Vista (Marriott Village) I was actually asked for orders! Which I luckily had. I think too many of us have been traveling on the govt rate in areas like Orlando, Vegas, New York, etc while not on travel and the chains are starting to crack down. While my agency has always turned the other way when it comes to hotels, you can not secure government rates for airlines unless you book through the govt travel office and do actually have orders and so the hotels probably feel the same. In areas like Orlando the govt rate can be much cheaper than other rates so they are losing money by honoring it.

As far as "risking it"--if you are not a Federal employee and book the govt rate hoping to slide by you may be in for a shock when the room you thought was $89 a night actually gets billed at $150 or more. I equate that with booking a room at Disney and claiming you are an annual passholder and hope they don't ask for it at check in. Why risk ruining your vacation?

The hotels limit the number of rooms at the government rate. Sometimes we travel on business on short notice and it can be a real pain to find availability at that rate.

On the other hand, I sometimes find AAA rates or internet specials with better rates. I always save money where I can for the company.

Sheila

It is a big risk to take, and I'm not one of those "risk takers" myself! It's great, however, that gov't employees get perks like lower hotel rates. I know if it wasn't for my DH having a gov't job, we would probably be forced to cram our family of five into a standard room. I'm looking forward to having a family suite to spread out. Has anyone used the shuttle at this Residence Inn? I'm wondering if we should use our car for the majority of the stay, or save the parking fee and use the hotel shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter