reshopping cruise --need information

aquafamily

Earning My Ears
Need some help with this...this is what I want to do -need to know if it is possible...
having cruised with dcl before but did not rebook (I know dummy me) Would like to cruise in 2014 but dates won't be out until probably end of this year so with that said is it possible for me to book on line now for the cheapist date in 2013 (this would have me pay 20% down now for deposit on a 3 day) then when our friends go on their dcl cruise in feb 2012 they take our reservation number and then have them "reshop" this 3 day 2013 cruise for us in order to get the 10% off the cruise price and on board credit..Then when the 2014 dates come out i call dcl and move my reservation from 3day/2013 date to new 7day/2014 date thereby still getting 10% off the 2014 cruise price and now the increased obc for the 7 day cruise? If this is possible what information would our friends need to have to do this on our behalf??
thanks for any help with this.

Not possible. Can't book on behalf of someone to get the on board cruise booking discount.

Not possible. Can't book on behalf of someone to get the on board cruise booking discount.

Ummmm...since when? I've done it at least twice. You need to have all the information for the person you are booking for--name, date of birth, address, etc. and pay for the deposit at the time.

What I don't understand is why you want to book a 3 night date in advance when you have no intention of cruising on that date. Your friend won't be able to cancel your original reservation, and it won't get you any better a price.

One could assume your friends will do a rebooking on board for themselves. Under the current rules, they could do one for you too on that same date for the future sailing. Then, when they get home, you call your TA and have them move the date to anything you want. Then, when the 2014s come out, you have them move it again.

There are some rumors (based on the survey that many of us got) that Disney may be planning to change the onboard rebooking program, but as it stands currently, your friends can book you on the same cruise that they book themselves. You can then each independently move the dates to anything you wish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter