reserving hoop dee doo on dining plan

yellownovawife

<font color=blue>Was Belle on the Global Girls Tea
I was able to get an adr offer online for the show we want but it says we have to pay right now. How can I book this when I am going to be paying via dining plan? Do they have to charge my credit card now and then creidit it back later?

Call to make your Hoop Dee Do reservations and tell them that it will be on the DDP. You will be able to get Cat 2 & 3 using the DDP.

It's a great show!!!

If you book it online, they will charge your card and you will not be refunded until you show up for your trip and actually use your DDP credits.

Call the dining line to reserve if you don't want your card charged.

I know at first, Disney was going ahead an refunding money for those who booked online and planned to use dining credits, but they have stopped this and you will not get a refund until you show up.

OK I booked this online this morning and thought there was an option to check for using the dining plan. I thought giving my credit card number was just for a cc guaranty and not an actual charge. Did I interpret correctly?

Edit to add: I just looked at my confirmations for both Hoop and CRT that I made online this morning and I wasn't charged for either ADR -- just gave my cc for a guaranty:

Amount Charged Visa $0.00
Total Amount Paid $0.00
Note: A credit card guarantee has been applied

Oh crap, I just asked this same question, I'm in the credit card page now. I'm going to cancel and call like everyone else said...we have the dining plan too...

I did the same thing. HDDR was tied to my resort reservation, so while it took my credit card, I wasn't "charged". It is just being held in case of a no show. At least that's what I thought happened (same for CRT and CG).

I called and reserved both SOA and HDD, indicated I would be using the dining plan, obtained category 2 seating (best allowed for dining plan at the scheduled time), and was still charged in full as they made an error during booking.

When I called about it after seeing it on my billing statement I was told that my options are: wait until I arrive and check in to the hotel and they will then credit back the credit card and use the dining credits; cancel and try to rebook (which would credit back the card and if available get the reservations using dining plan credits unfortunately resulting in potentially getting a much worse seating location as tables are assigned based on date of reservation, earlier getting better seats); or leave it on the credit card and use the credits for other meals.

OK I booked this online this morning and thought there was an option to check for using the dining plan. I thought giving my credit card number was just for a cc guaranty and not an actual charge. Did I interpret correctly?

Edit to add: I just looked at my confirmations for both Hoop and CRT that I made online this morning and I wasn't charged for either ADR -- just gave my cc for a guaranty:

Amount Charged Visa $0.00
Total Amount Paid $0.00
Note: A credit card guarantee has been applied

I booked this morning also, and it was the same as above.

pbmouseman, TJA & Shannon4Al-
Just remember, it may not show up on your credit card immediately. I would keep checking for a few days.

Heidijs-
Akershus really is just for a hold. They should only charge your card if you are a no show or you don't cancel in time.

The meals this affects are: CRT, HDDR, SOA and Mickey's Backyard BBQ. I have not heard of this affecting California Grill.

Sometimes the online system will register that you have a dining plan on your reservation when you link your room reservation to your restaurant reservations. Then you can make the booking online and won't have to pay in full. Most of the time it seems the system cannot register the dining plan even if you do link your resort reservation. If it won't work for you, you'll either have to pay in full and get refunded when you get there, or make the reservation by phone.

Akershus and California Grill have a credit card guarantee requirement but you do not pay them at booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter