Reserving Fastpass+ Not a Problem

theduhaimes

Mouseketeer
I have been reading for months about people logging on at midnight 60 days in advance and not getting what they want. I was very worried about this. Last night, it was my turn. I logged in at 12:01 am EST and was able to get everything I wanted at the times that I wanted them. No problems! I was able to get Toy Story Mania, Seven Dwarf Mine Train, all the mountains, along with parades and fireworks. I was not looking for Anna and Elsa but checked out of curiosity -- they were available on all days that I checked at assorted times. I am posting this so that people see that there are people who are getting what they are looking for when reserving Fastpass+. Good luck to everyone else!

Exactly the same here. Logged in just after Midnight and got everything we wanted pretty much exactly when we wanted. Played around for a little bit to tweak things and then did online check in. Whole process was a totally pain-free 15 minutes.

Yea it's easy and quick. Everything it's easy to obtain except for maybe A&E. I'm an AP and book at 30 days out and everything is always available except for A&E.

People definitely overthink it and get worked up thinking it'll be somehow really hard to get anything they want 60 days out lol

Right now it's relatively easy to get what you want.

It gets harder to get Anna and Elsa and The Mine Train from Sept. - Dec. when MK closes early 2 or 3 times per week because of the Halloween and Christmas parties.

Same here, I thought we might have a problem getting what we wanted but we didn't. We were able to get everything including A&E and I could change my times now at 43 days out if I wanted to because there is still some availability!

I haven't had a problem and I have been booking for 24 people. I stayed up until midnight the first two nights but today I didn't do it until 8am. I didn' t have any problems.

Same here. My 60 day fp+ window opened up this past Friday night at midnight, but we didn't go online to schedule them until yesterday (Saturday) around 1pm. Still got everything we wanted, including 7DMT (didn't want A&E but that was also available) and everything had tons of availability! We were able to move everything around and get exactly the times we wanted

We (me and two sons, 13 & 15) are staying off-site for two nights before checking in at CBR. Curious to see what's available when we are able to get FP+ for those two days. No matter what, it'll be great. We go annually (9 in a row)and are simply happy to have the opportunity to return. We don't stress over things, we are adaptable and just enjoy our time together. The boys are getting older, so you never know how many more times we will go together. I'm not going to sit and complain about what we couldn't do and just appreciate the chance to be together.

There is no way I am going to get up, or stay up until midnight, to make FP+ choices!!! Just isn't happening. Now, we no longer have to see A&E, thank heavens. But if I can't get SDMT, via FP+, for any time, then I'll either forgo it, or wait in the standby line....the old fashioned way.
I've had little trouble getting the times/days that I want...and have been able to tweak times/days up to very close to the trip....well, maybe no tweaking for TSMM and SDMT, but others were no issue, so I just work around the ones I can't tweak.

We are there for 9 days. Can i book all my fast passes at once? would you recommend staying up until midnight or should I get up at 6am? we are a group of 10.

Thanks

We are there for 9 days. Can i book all my fast passes at once? would you recommend staying up until midnight or should I get up at 6am? we are a group of 10.

Thanks

Yes, you can. We had an 11-night stay and booked all at once. Not sure what the limit is, but 9 days is fine.

I booked at 1:00am (MK closed at 1:00 that night, so I couldn't book at midnight) and got everything I wanted. May have been ok waiting until morning, but I wasn't risking it :)

Take a nap in the evening.

@pinkle If you have regular park tickets, you can book FPs for the number of days equal to the tickets linked to your MDE. (Not sure what the limit is if you have APs.) So if you have 9-day park tickets, you can book 9 days worth of FPs all at once. The number of nights on your hotel reservation doesn't matter, only your check-in date determines when your 60-day window opens.

I booked mine at midnight on Saturday night and had no problem getting what I wanted at pretty much the exact times I wanted, including A&E. I booked them for our last (10th) day, but they showed up as available on all but our day 2.

I was nervous with my 30 days and going 4th of July week but I was successful getting everything we wanted as well (we didn't need A&E so I didn't look).

I just booked mine on Thursday and got everything we wanted including mine train and A&E. I had to be more flexible with A&E on times for the one day but it still works. Even a few days later I can still book parades, fireworks, etc.

@pinkle If you have regular park tickets, you can book FPs for the number of days equal to the tickets linked to your MDE. (Not sure what the limit is if you have APs.) So if you have 9-day park tickets, you can book 9 days worth of FPs all at once. The number of nights on your hotel reservation doesn't matter, only your check-in date determines when your 60-day window opens.

I'm curious about this as we have booked 3 nights in August, with 5 day tickets (as we're staying offsite for the remainder of our vacation) I know last year I was able to book all my FP+ at once, but this year I was only able to book FP+ for the days that we're actually staying onsite. I called and the CM told me that was the case, and when I asked if that was a change that had been made recently, he told me that it had always been that way. Maybe it was a glitch last year? I don't know. But I do know that it's going to be a bit of a pain to have to go in 3 more times at 30 days out to book my other days worth of FP+​

So it is 12am EST at the 60-day mark? This is our first time staying on-property and our window opens tonight. Pretty excited!

I just wanted to chime in and say that I booked my Fastpass+ at 7am on my 60 day mark and was able to get everything I wanted, at good times (including A&E, TSM, all the mountains, etc).

We've had 3 trips with FP+ and I have never booked at midnight, and never will. Now I haven't needed A&E so that may have made a difference, but 2 trips have been since SDMT opened and I got it for both trips multiple times waiting until 8a.m. and 11a.m.
I think if you don't feel like waiting up until midnight (or sometimes 1a.m.) you won't lose out, except maybe A&E. However I've only made them for a group of 4 so not sure if making for a large group would be more difficult a few hours later.
Our next trip is over Thanksgiving and I'm still not staying up till midnight lol. Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted!

Very glad to hear. Such a change from last year when it was a big challenge to get FP+. Sounds like they have done enough tweaks to the system that it works more smoothly now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter