• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reserving Dinner Shows Online

Cruiser1969

Where, oh where, have my little tags gone??
We are a party of 9, and I am considering doing a dinner show on the DDP and reserving it online.

Does anyone know if I have to pay the full price when I book a dinner show online? I just want to make the reservation without charging my credit card, but I can't see how to do that.

Thanks for your help!:goodvibes
Maria

I booked the Luau at the Polynesian a couple of months ago for our upcoming Oct trip and I had to pay the full price at time of booking. I don't know about any other shows though.

That's exactly the show I was thinking of . . . do you think it gets charged and then refunded when you show them you are DDP?

I would like confirmation of this process from anyone who has been through the process!

The online system is not always recognizing that guests are on the dining plan when they enter their reservation numbers. (If you do not enter your resort reservation number at that prompt, the system will definitely charge you full price.) There have been a few reports with options:

1) Log out, reenter, and attempt to book again through the same resort reservation number.

If that doesn't work you can do either

2) Pay in full for the reservation, and have it refunded when you arrive at the restaurant and switch your payment to dining credits OR

3) Wait until the phone line opens and book by phone.

If you book online and try to have it changed on the phone later, the phone agent will have to cancel and rebook the reservation you made online, so if you are very concerned about the ability to make reservations earlier online, you may want to go with #2 if you can make the payment.

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was after and very valuable information!!:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter