reservations

Crystalp

Earning My Ears
I check in on July 24 but we'll be getting to Orlando July 23. Can I make a restaurant reservation at a resort the day before I check in? TIA

I check in on July 24 but we'll be getting to Orlando July 23. Can I make a restaurant reservation at a resort the day before I check in? TIA
Everyone can make reservations 180 days out. You don't have to be staying on-site to make reservations.

Thanks. What resort would you recommend?

Welcome to the DISBoards!

Do you mean which restaurant would you recommend? Or resort? I'm just wondering because you were asking about restaurants originally.

If you are asking about resorts....it depends! On your budget, on your family size, on your style.

You should check out the resort boards. There's a lot of information there along with wdwinfo.com. There is a description for each resort. And there are many to choose from!

In my opinion - for Value resorts: Pop Century (many people would say Art of Animation but I think it's expensive for a value and would rather then stay at a moderate), for moderate: Port Orleans Riverside (hands down!), for Deluxe: Animal Kingdom Lodge Savanna view (if you can afford it!).

Thanks. What resort would you recommend?

All Disney resorts have a few characteristics in common:
  • Unique
  • Charming
  • Overpriced
  • Free transportation
  • Free parking
  • Disney perks
  • Large pools
  • An arcade
Here is a key to understanding the basic resort categories:

"Value" resorts: Cheapest category, but still not cheap. The grounds are stunning, but the rooms themselves are glorified motel rooms. The values have relatively simple pools with no waterslides.

"Moderate" resort: Mid-price range by Disney standards. I've never stayed in a moderate, but you can peruse them online & learn from others who've stayed.

"Deluxe" resort: Most expensive category. Usually very close to at least one park, often has access to monorails or boats for transportation, rather than only buses. These have the most impressive lobbies and the most & best dining options. They also have the most lavish pools and biggest waterslides. The deluxe rooms are the most comfortable at Disney, but don't mistake "deluxe" for luxury.

I would only recommend to a friend or family member that they stay in a deluxe resort, using one of the resort discounts that comes out periodically. I personally also like camping at Fort Wilderness, which is the very cheapest option, but I know this is not an option for most visitors.

Specific deluxe recommendations:

Beach Club or Yacht Club are both great if you plan to swim, as they share the best pool complex in Disney World. They are also within walking distance of Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Disney's Boardwalk, and Fantasia mini-golf. They also share an excellent variety of restaurants.

The Contemporary Resort is within walking distance of the Magic Kingdom, and their garden wing rooms are relatively affordable for a deluxe.

One more thing: If you plan on making dining reservations, don't wait until the day before as you mentioned, as there might be little or no availability then. Reserve dining as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Welcome to the DISBoards!

Do you mean which restaurant would you recommend? Or resort? I'm just wondering because you were asking about restaurants originally.

If you are asking about resorts....it depends! On your budget, on your family size, on your style.

You should check out the resort boards. There's a lot of information there along with wdwinfo.com. There is a description for each resort. And there are many to choose from!

In my opinion - for Value resorts: Pop Century (many people would say Art of Animation but I think it's expensive for a value and would rather then stay at a moderate), for moderate: Port Orleans Riverside (hands down!), for Deluxe: Animal Kingdom Lodge Savanna view (if you can afford it!).
Thanks! We're staying at the animal kingdom lodge. I was wondering what resort restaurant I should make a reservation for. We've never ate at any resorts besides animal kingdom lodge.

All Disney resorts have a few characteristics in common:
  • Unique
  • Charming
  • Overpriced
  • Free transportation
  • Free parking
  • Disney perks
  • Large pools
  • An arcade
Here is a key to understanding the basic resort categories:

"Value" resorts: Cheapest category, but still not cheap. The grounds are stunning, but the rooms themselves are glorified motel rooms. The values have relatively simple pools with no waterslides.

"Moderate" resort: Mid-price range by Disney standards. I've never stayed in a moderate, but you can peruse them online & learn from others who've stayed.

"Deluxe" resort: Most expensive category. Usually very close to at least one park, often has access to monorails or boats for transportation, rather than only buses. These have the most impressive lobbies and the most & best dining options. They also have the most lavish pools and biggest waterslides. The deluxe rooms are the most comfortable at Disney, but don't mistake "deluxe" for luxury.

I would only recommend to a friend or family member that they stay in a deluxe resort, using one of the resort discounts that comes out periodically. I personally also like camping at Fort Wilderness, which is the very cheapest option, but I know this is not an option for most visitors.

Specific deluxe recommendations:

Beach Club or Yacht Club are both great if you plan to swim, as they share the best pool complex in Disney World. They are also within walking distance of Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Disney's Boardwalk, and Fantasia mini-golf. They also share an excellent variety of restaurants.

The Contemporary Resort is within walking distance of the Magic Kingdom, and their garden wing rooms are relatively affordable for a deluxe.

One more thing: If you plan on making dining reservations, don't wait until the day before as you mentioned, as there might be little or no availability then. Reserve dining as soon as possible.
Sorry I should have been more clear. We're staying at the animal kingdom lodge. We check in on July 24 we'll be arriving in Orlando on th 23. Can I make a reservation for Saturday at a resort restaurant even though I don't check in my hotel until the next day?

Sorry I should have been more clear. We're staying at the animal kingdom lodge. We check in on July 24 we'll be arriving in Orlando on th 23. Can I make a reservation for Saturday at a resort restaurant even though I don't check in my hotel until the next day?
Again; yes, everyone can make reservations anywhere no matter where they're staying or even if they're local.

The resort restaurants are, in my opinion, better than the restaurants in the parks. Since you'll be paying out of pocket and not using the dining plan, it's a great opportunity to try a signature restaurant, which are worth the price, but not usually worth the credits. I'd recommend Jiko, or maybe Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Villas, or Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge.

Again; yes, everyone can make reservations anywhere no matter where they're staying or even if they're local.

The resort restaurants are, in my opinion, better than the restaurants in the parks. Since you'll be paying out of pocket and not using the dining plan, it's a great opportunity to try a signature restaurant, which are worth the price, but not usually worth the credits. I'd recommend Jiko, or maybe Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Villas, or Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge.
Thank you

My family thinks the buffet at Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge is great!

We also really like the California Grill at the Contemporary for dinner and Wishes if you want to do a signature dining experience.

My family thinks the buffet at Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge is great!

We also really like the California Grill at the Contemporary for dinner and Wishes if you want to do a signature dining experience.[/QUOT
We love Boma! I was wanting to try something new. I'll look at the menu for California Grill. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter