Reservations - Palo

Karen Mouse

resiurK deknoK
Hi there,

Silly first time cruiser question...

If we have to wait til 75 days before I can make a reservation for Palo - will it all be full by then? What are my chances? Zero? :confused3

Obviously your chances will be less than others who book before you. IT has been said that they hold back a certain number for each date people can book, ALSO they hold back 50% for those who are unable to book online. So, if you do not succeed, just try to arrive early onboard, and go straight to take care of this right away...HTH :goodvibes

I think it just depends on how many repeat cruisers are on each cruise. I think your chances are much better if you are on a 3/4 day cruise since they have fewer CC members. Our first 4 day was on February and at 75 days I was able to get a brunch and dinner without any trouble.

For the 7 day I was able to book at 90 days and things went fast. There will not be anything much left for those at 75 days.

We're on the 7 day cruise but we are planning on getting to the port early - about 10am? - would this be early enough or should we plan on getting there earlier?
many thanks

Karen Mouse said:
We're on the 7 day cruise but we are planning on getting to the port early - about 10am? - would this be early enough or should we plan on getting there earlier?
many thanks

We arrive between 10-1030 AM, as this is the earliest it opens..This should be perfect, you will be handed an information sheet with the time and place to go to make reservations. :goodvibes

last year, i was able to make Palo reservations on line at 75 days...only thing that was available was Friday night, but I took it..once we boarded, i was able to book brunch...loved brunch

Yes I agree if you do not get the time and day you want go as soon as you get onboard to change it. I would still make the one online though. Just change it when you get there. We actually were given an extra reservation last year when we went in. I thought it very nice of them to allow us this. It was my birthday cruise and they let us have my birthday there as well.

Oh remember you must have your cruise paid in full to make the reservations too. Another thing to think about is if you add the Romance package you can book your online reservations earlier. I think it is at 9 days out. But then again you must have the cruise paid in full.

There are no more resies added at the 75 day mark online for Palo. Many of us who were up at 3 am on the 90 day mark didn't get resies at all. Four families had brunch resies that disappeared when we hit confirm and that was the very first thing that I did at 3 am. We will be there at 10 am with everyone else.

I had a shock recently ... made final payment on booking we'd just made, and we made the final payment 77 days before the cruise ... on day 74 before the cruise I remembered to go online to do spa appts and excursions ressies, not expecting Palo to be available.

I was blown away that I not only was able to book Palo dinner (several days/times were still available) but I was also able to book brunch ... again, several times were available to pick from.

This is for the 4 night Wonder Thanksgiving cruise, which is fairly well booked ... so not like it's an empty ship. I just I just got lucky on the Palo ressies....

We were on the Magic 9/2 and had been shut out of online reservations for Palo. Once we got onboard my husband and my father went and were each able to get a dinner reservation easily, and a brunch reservation for my parents, too. On Sunday, my husband and I decided we wanted to change our night if possible and were given a few days and times to choose from. Another couple we met on board also made reservations for dinner later in the week by asking at the maitre 'd's desk on Sunday.

It was much easier, and smoother, than we had anticipated.

I booked Palo at 8:45 am on the 75th day and got my sister to do hers as well. I helped my brother today (70 days out) and he was only able to book Palo for the first day. Apparently we are going on the Mousefest cruise (not a bad thing!) and maybe the ship is full of returning cruisers who booked at 90 days out?

He wasn't too happy about getting it the for the first day but oh well! Better the first day than none at all!

ok, so what time can I telephone on day 75?. I'll have to work out the differnece (UK TIME), but I'll be online/phone the minute they open.

Karen Mouse said:
ok, so what time can I telephone on day 75?. I'll have to work out the differnece (UK TIME), but I'll be online/phone the minute they open.

My understanding is that you have to go online to the disneycruise reservation site and enter your confirmation number. The reservations are available at 3 AM EST. I hope this helps! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter