Reservations including 1st Trip Kids...a Question!

crocko

DVC Member
Okay, I saw on someone's thread a mention that when making a dining reservation to mention if someone is on their 1st trip to Disney World.

How does this work?
What happens?
Where can you do this?

We're booking ADR's in 1 week and would like some quick info (please)
It will be a 1st trip for both my son and daughter.

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice.

This might be something new. 2 years ago, 9 in our family went and no one asked if it was our first trip. Not when I made ADRs, not when we checked in, not when we ate.

Just tell them it's your first trip. They give you a pin saying something like it's my first trip to WDW.
Have A Magical Trip :thumbsup2

This might be something new. 2 years ago, 9 in our family went and no one asked if it was our first trip. Not when I made ADRs, not when we checked in, not when we ate.

Hey notaclue....glad to find a fellow Oklahoma DISer.

It is new, it is part of the "What will YOU celebrate?" theme that they have going on now.

You can register your "celebrations," including birthdays, anniversaries, first visits, family reunions, and I think also graduations (not sure about that one) on the website (for those who were freaking out the other day, it does also ask you for your actual anniversary date, and will indeed allow you to register an anniversary that is not actually during your trip).

When I made reservations the CM could see that I'd registered my anniversary and DH's first trip. You can also just tell the CM when you call (whether it's dining or the main reservation number or the tours number) and they can put it in.

We had first timers in our group this year. They got buttons at the resort when they checked in (or you can get them at Guest Services at each park). Basically, by putting it on your ADR's, you will get an acknowledgement from the CM's. I would not expect anything more than that.

Whenever I made ADRs we were asked & it was noted that it was our first trip. At check-in the CM gave all of us 1st Time buttons.

The boys wore them often and were given "welcome" type statements many times or a CM might ask "what is your favorite" type question. There were no extra desserts, towel animals, etc because of it being our first time nor did we expect any extras.

At the California Grill we were seated at a wonderful location with the table being sprinkled with glittery Mickey shaped heads. DSs were thrilled! I don't know if that was coincidental or because of it being our first time but it was truly a nice surprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter