Reservations for large group

8caliace

United States Air Force
We are a group of 14 going on a January 2018 trip. Attempts to book ADRs now that we are within our 180-day window have been a mixed bag. Of the 4 planned meals, I was only able to complete booking for one restaurant online (Kona Café). The other 3 (Tutto Italia, Y&Y, and The Wave) all came back stating I needed to call the dining reservation phone number.

The call yielded little success, as the CM stated that all 3 required direct calls to each restaurant. After being transferred to Y&Y, our only option was to split the group into 2 separate reservations of 7. I was told that we would need to tell the host at check-in that we are in fact one group of 14, in the hopes of being sat in tables next to each other.

Upon calling The Wave, a CM took down my contact information and said I would receive a call back within 72 hours to confirm. Again, we are likely to be split into 2 ADRs, much like at Y&Y.

Finally, my call to Tutto Italia was answered and I was told that they could not book my reservation until the first week of Sept? Has anyone else ever received an answer like this? I could theoretically go onto the online system and book 2 ADRs, splitting our group as in the above cases and be done with the whole process, but they won't do anything by phone even though we are within the 180-day window?

I know a lot of restaurants aren't able to accommodate large parties online, but have heard calling can help. If they told you on the phone you'll have to split up there's little chance you'll be sitting together at one table, but maybe nearby. I know that the buffet style restaurants can usually accommodate large parties at one table, maybe look into some of them?

Yes, agreed, for large parties at WDW, it is always best to call Disney Dining directly. If they have no availability at your preferred restaurants even when calling, consider other restaurants that can accommodate your large party. When calling, also see if you can make two separate dining reservations and then combine them into one. Have a great trip!

I have made many reservations for big parties, the biggest was for 30 people. I had to call a special line for large groups. They broke down our reservation into three separate ADRs- 5 minutes apart from each other. I was assured we would all be together. When we arrived they had us all together. If the reservations were linked together by the CM, unless they simply can't get you all together due to logistics & layout of the restaurant, you'll most likely be together. I'd just confirm with the restaurant earlier in the day at the podium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter