reservations for 3 or 4 or 5 or....

kldnyc

Earning My Ears
We are a family of four coming to WDW in October. I've been making our reservations this week, and have only had one problem. I was not able to get a reservation for 4 at Ohana. I remember hearing about switching the number of people on the reservation to open up times, so I tried for a party of 3 and 5. Lots of choices with those, so I made 2 reservations- one for a party of 3 and one for 5. Which one should I keep? Will there be an issue if we get to Ohana and we have 4 people instead of the number on our reservation?

I would keep the one with 5, because this way you'll be reserved for a table that will fit at least 5 (probably a six-top). Normally 3 people would be seated at a 4-top, but Ohana's does have specific tables for three people (pushed up against a window for instance).

There shouldn't be an issue, just say someone couldn't make it. As long as someone from your ADR shows up you're good!

'Ohana wouldn't allow me to make a ressie for 1, however I could make one for 2 without any issue. I just called and they were able to adjust my ressie to show only one guest.

They said that in some instances, if you indicate more guests than actual you can be charged for the no-shows so I would err on the side of caution and call to have the ressie adjusted.

Everyone in you party needs to be on the reservation so in your case start with 4. If that's not available increase the number and try for 5. It's always much easier to show up at the restaurant with fewer people than on the res. Just let the CMs at the podium know that there are only 4 of you.

If there are more people in your group than on your reservation there could be a problem. You run the risk of someone in your party not being seated. There's a very tiny chance that the restaurant is at capacity and extra people will be turned away because of fire and safety code restrictions. Also, we were at a restaurant that was running so far behind schedule they were turning away walk ups, latecomers and anyone not included in a reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter