• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

reservations for 14?

mgcgoose

Mouseketeer
I will be traveling with 13 other family members in April 2015 (week after Easter) amd will be making ressies for the whole group.

Is it best to make a ressie for all 14 of us or should I make them for two groups of 7? Our vacations are linked through MDE and I know that they will try to sit us as close as they can if we have two different tables. If I make them for the whole group, do I still have to call to make the ressie or can I make them online?

TIA

We made reservations for 17 people for our upcoming trip and found it very helpful to call instead of use the online system. Online, they don't let you make two reservations for the same time so we couldn't have two reservations at similar times to complete our group. However, you could make two MDE accounts to do this but the account that isn't linked to your trip won't be able to do 180+10... Each day of your trip would have to be booked at 180 days from that day. When we called however, the CM could make two reservations at one time (two groups of 7 at 7:00pm and 7:05pm for example). Almost all the times were the same or within 10 minutes max of each other. This does risk maybe not sitting all together though but if you ask at the podium I have heard they will try. If I were you, I would call at 7am and ask the CM to make two reservations for places that don't seat up to 14 people on one reservation :) it worked perfectly for us! I don't have any experience making reservations through the group dining phone number if that's even what it is called :)

Also, some restaurants you can book 14 people online like I think 50s prime time, cape may cafe, and some others. I have found most restaurants Max out at 12 people for booking online. Just plug in the number of people on your party and see if that restaurant finds a reservation for that amount of people.

Thanks for the reply. I will be making reservations for my sis-in-law bc she will be at work at the time needed to make the reservations as well as for my family so I will be using two different reservation numbers. Since I'm using two different ressie numbers, I should be able to get them close enough in time that it shouldn't matter and it's not a necessity that we all sit at the same table. I'm thinking that I may just book her 7 and my 7 separately and hope they can sit us close together based on out MDEs being linked together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter