• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reservations for 11 ppl

Wild__Orchid

Earning My Ears
I will be traveling with a large group of 11 people (9 adults, 2 kids). What is the best way to get dinner reservations? If I split the group up into two tables, I won't be able to get two reservations at the same time. What is the best course of action?
We want to eat at the following:
-Be Our Guest
-Akershus
-Hoop De Doo
-50's Prime
-Whispering Canon
-Kona

Personally, I’d call. To do it online, you’ll have to split into two or more ADRs.

If you have to split, you can make the ADRs from your own MDE account. Just make the first ADR in the name of one of the other guests who has their own MDE account, then you’ll be able to book the second ADR in your name.

Then when the time comes, make sure everyone is there 10-15 minutes before the earlier ADR, check in with the CM, not via MDE, and tell them you’re together and would like to be seated as close together as possible. Then be patient - they’ll do their best!

My group isn’t quite as big (8), but I easily made reservations for 8 for most places (I was mildly surprised). For the two I couldn’t, I split into two groups of 4. One restaurant I got two reservations at the exact same time and the other they are 10 minutes apart. I’ll just go earlier to those two and ask if we can be seated together or in close proximity.

We did this last Thanksgiving. Most Disney restaurants will not accept a reservation for more than 8 people so we had to do multiple reservations for each place.

With our traveling party we had multiple MDE accounts so we figured out a plan to make the reservations - 2 people making reservations at select restaurants and the other 2 at different restaurants. We were on a 4-way call(I think it was a FB group call) at 6am ET so we could coordinate times and get the reservations at the same time or as close as possible. We showed up for each reservation a little early and ask them to combine the reservations and seat us together or at least next to each other. We had great luck that week - the time they couldn't put us together or next to each other was at 50's PT. We are all adults and have been there before so it worked out for us.

We usually travel with a large group for family vacations and it's frustrating that Disney will not work with the larger groups for dining reservations.

Just remember that when you make the reservations online you do not need to select a guest for each person you put in, just the lead on the reservation.

I have made reservations for 12 at Boma's, Trattoria al Forno and Marakeeish(in Morracco..no longer there)..Otherwise I do 6 and 6 and list one of the guest..usually family as the 2nd lead..

I have made reservations for 12 at Boma's, Trattoria al Forno and Marakeeish(in Morracco..no longer there)..Otherwise I do 6 and 6 and list one of the guest..usually family as the 2nd lead..
I need to make a reservation for 11. They are all on my MDE account and I'm not sure anyone else has their own MDE but they can create one if needed. When you reserved 6 and 6, were the two leads both from your MDE account? So I could reserve 5 from my account while my husband is online on another computer (logged into my account) and he could reserve the other 6, using his name as the lead? I have several weeks before I can reserve, just want to practice in advance.

I need to make a reservation for 11. They are all on my MDE account and I'm not sure anyone else has their own MDE but they can create one if needed. When you reserved 6 and 6, were the two leads both from your MDE account? So I could reserve 5 from my account while my husband is online on another computer (logged into my account) and he could reserve the other 6, using his name as the lead? I have several weeks before I can reserve, just want to practice in advance.
The first reservation made must be in a name other than yours - anyone from your friends and family will work. Then you may make the second reservation in your name. If you do you first, you will not be allowed a second that overlaps the time.

The first reservation made must be in a name other than yours - anyone from your friends and family will work. Then you may make the second reservation in your name. If you do you first, you will not be allowed a second that overlaps the time.
Thank you! That's what I'll do.

Not quite 11 but we took two different family trips last year, one with my parents as well as my sister and her family and one with my wife's sister and her family, so the groups were a total of 9 and 8, respectively.

DW and I both get up early, get logged into our respective accounts, and sit across from each other. We are super nerds and planners, so we have a spreadsheet that has notes about which restaurants we want, preferred times, and the order of priority to try and get them. That way she is the lead on one reservation and I am on the other when we do these family trips. We only use online booking as waiting to get through by phone takes so long and we worry that more options will be taken by that point.

Between both trips we were there a total of 16 nights with a TS dinner every day and there was only one time when we did not have a reservation for everyone in the group within 15 minutes (ie one reservation at 5, another at 5:15). That was for Space 220 and that one was explicitly my mom's fault because she told us that she did not want to join us for that dinner because she had read it wasn't really worth it, so she said to leave herself and my dad off of the reservation and they would do something themselves. I don't know if she thought we just wouldn't be able to get the reservation or if she thought my sister's family or mine would change our minds, but when we were able to get the reservation then, suddenly, it became a huge ordeal to try and get my parents added because the FOMO kicked in hard. We were able to add one more person to one of the reservations before the trip and, at check-in, I spoke to the cast member at the desk and they were very graciously able to not only combine the two reservations so we could sit together, but make it work for us to add one more person.

So, in the end, what was one of the hardest reservations to get at the time even worked out for us. In fact, out of the combined total of 16 dinners, the only time that we were not able to combine reservations at check-in and all sit together was at BOG when we were there with my side of the family and it was 9 of us in total.

Bottom line, I would book online and I would try for two reservations of six in the OPs case within a reasonable amount of time of each other. This is almost always possible but sometimes you might have to take what you can get and then just keep searching for a cancellation at a slightly better time. There were instances where we started out with a 15-20 minute time difference but, by watching for new openings, we were able to bring several closer. Good luck.

Bottom line, I would book online and I would try for two reservations of six in the OPs case within a reasonable amount of time of each other. This is almost always possible but sometimes you might have to take what you can get and then just keep searching for a cancellation at a slightly better time. There were instances where we started out with a 15-20 minute time difference but, by watching for new openings, we were able to bring several closer. Good luck.
Thanks for your advice. In 2018 we stayed at Poly and I made many ADRs for our then family of 10. I was able to get CRT, Beast, 'OHana, Chef Mickey, Park Fare etc., etc. Now we are a family of 11 staying offsite and I only need ONE ADR for a character breakfast. But being that we are offsite and it's Thanksgiving week (and we are hoping for breakfast on Thanksgiving day) I am getting a bit discouraged that it may be impossible. I have looked into Four Seasons but it is not offered daily and only 30 days or less in advance for reservations. I do have a TP subscriptions so could try using their reservation finder if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter