Reservations Confusion

pbkahn

Earning My Ears
All,
Hopefully someone out there will be able to help me. We are planning to go to WDW in February 2010 for my DD's birthday. We have decided to stay in the Garden Wing of the Contemporary.

My travel agent (she has booked our last 2 trips and has been FABULOUS) can't get us a reservation for that time period. She has told me that Disney has not yet opened up reservations for the garden wing yet.

Can this really be true? Should I look at booking someone else, even though my daughter is looking forward to staying at the contemporary?

Any insights/suggestions that you might have are greatly appreciated!

Peter:confused3

Unfortunately it is true. Your best bet is to wait until August because that is generally when Disney announces the next year's rates. Even if you didn't go through a TA and wanted to book it on your own through the Disney website, it will tell you that you will have to call Disney directly and book through them...and when you do that, you are getting this years rates and once the new rates come out, you will have to pay the difference. We are looking into going in Sept of 2010 and I can't even start getting quotes due to it being over a year away. Good Luck

Packages for the following year aren't made available until the rates for the year are posted. Room only reservations are available up to 500 days out.

While rates for 2010 have not yet been released, you can book a room only reservation if you'd like.

What they're going to do is charge you this year's highest rates. You'll pay that deposit. The rate is subject to change once the 2010 rates are released. All you're doing is reserving the space - there's no guarantee of rates.

However, if you're planning on booking a package, I would just wait. When the rates are finally released, you would have to rebook a package, put down a new $200 deposit, cancel the room only booking, and receive a refund of the deposit from the room only reservation. Disney can't transfer funds between room only reservations and package reservations.

Hope that helps! :)

The rates for 2010 should come out sometime this August, however as the others said you can call now for a room only reservation and they will adjust your rate later on. Also since the Contemporary does host conventions it might be best to make a reservation now, because at least you will have your room confirmed.

Just an update. My travel agent emailed me this afternoon. They finally opened the rooms in the South Garden Wing and my reservations are set. I know that there will be change over issues to get into a package, but we have our space reserved @ our first choice :dancer:

Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement!

Peter

Just an update. My travel agent emailed me this afternoon. They finally opened the rooms in the South Garden Wing and my reservations are set. I know that there will be change over issues to get into a package, but we have our space reserved @ our first choice :dancer:

Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement!

Peter
It's great to read you were able to get the specific room you wanted and good luck when adding a package deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter