Reservations and Dining?

Pocahottie

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if I make reservations for my hotel and tickets at Pop Century now, would I still be able to add the Free Dining later on if the deal is offered this summer?

Do you believe getting the Disney Dining plan is really worth it? In the case of there is no free dining.

Thanks!
:goodvibes

You can always replace one reservation with another, In most cases if you have a discount reservation, you would make a new one and cancel the old one.

Is the DDP worth it? Not for us. Too much food and too expensive. For some people it works, but it has made dining at the table services restaurants no longer as special as it once was - and certainly more crowed. It has dragged down the menus and the service. I'm sure it has made Disney a ton of money.

You can always change your package, up to around 45 days prior to arrival without any type of fees.

If DDP is worth it is up to what you want to do. Originally I was going to do the kids stay free offer and add QSDP to our reservation. This was because I have been to WDW many times in the past and really didn't want to be tied down to ADRs. But it is BIL and his little girl's first trip and she really wanted to meet the princesses. So 2 ADRs later and the cost of the DDP now seemed to save us a few dollars for 2A and 2C, and then the Free Dining PIN came out and now it is less for us to use that instead of the Kids Stay Free.

BIL I just have him doing a package with the room discount, that seemed to work out less for him :)

When it comes to Free Dining for this summer they won't add anymore dates because they already released them last year and it needed to be reserved by 12/20/10.

We do the DDP every trip. I don't know if it saves us money anymore or if we break even. It's more about having our food paid for before we go done. The budget for food is firmly in place and it's not something we need to worry about. That makes it so all we have to worry about after the 45 day mark (or when we pay off our package) is souvenir and fun money.

I have to agree; I like the fact that my dining is taken care of; especially if I take friends that cannot necessarily afford eating out every night like I can.

It is nice to be able to pre-budget costs and then enjoy a wonderful meal out. I have even tried more places on the dining plan, then I did when I paid OOP.

I got a pin code a couple weeks back for free dining this summer, so if I were you I would take a couple minutes and call cro to see if there is one linked to you account.

Good luck!

I also just got off the phone and the nice CM was chatting and mentioned there might be a FD promtion coming out in May. I don't know how accurate that was :) She also mentioned that new FL Res discounts will show up next week and that is what I'm looking for since I still need to get the rest of my family booked.

I was wondering if I make reservations for my hotel and tickets at Pop Century now, would I still be able to add the Free Dining later on if the deal is offered this summer?

Do you believe getting the Disney Dining plan is really worth it? In the case of there is no free dining.

Thanks!
:goodvibes

Since you are staying at a value resort, Free Dining is usually a very good discount on the whole. However if you have children in your party, the current children stay and play free would probably be better for you. It has to be booked by March 27th. Else, they do have room discounts of up 30% off for the values.

The next time we go with our children we are not doing a dining plan. We can share meals and come out saving more than we would with the dining plan. We don't usually get dessert with every meal. We just did with the dining plan because it's includes. My DS3 is big into PB&J sandwiches now so I can just buy a box of uncrustables and get some fruit and call it a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter