• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reservations after getting to Disney?

MouseEarsforUs

Earning My Ears
We are thinking of taking a quick trip to Disney the week before Thanksgiving - around 14th or so.

Have any of you had luck getting some good reservations after getting to Disney? I found some online but would love to get some character meals for our kids.

What are your favorite TS restaurants? We will do the dining plan.

I would call Dining while you are there the day of and see what you can find. Character meals on short notice will definitely be difficult. Other meals maybe not so bad, if you are willing to eat at off times or at more out-of-the-way places.

Personally, I would NOT pay for the DDP if I was going without ADRs made in advance - it could end up being a big waste of money.

We generally don't make a lot of ADR's before hand. we just never know where we'll want to eat.

I've had great luck (15 years and running) at getting a TS reservation simply by calling Disney Dining when I wake up. In fact, I have never been told every thing is booked. ever. Now I dont go during Christmas or other holidays so I'm sure it's a different thing then.

Also I really don't have a disney "must do's". I'm pretty flexible so where ever there is an opening usually works out well.

I was in Disney from Oct 14-18 and DH and I made 3 reservations while we were at Disney each about a half hour before the reservation time twice online and once by phone and we were able to get in to all the places we wanted we did not settle for what was left (we were not trying to get big ticket restaurants though)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter