Reservations 60 days in advance

klh-or

Portland, Oregon
We are coming up shortly on our 60 days out mark. I know there are some reservations that you need to be on the phone the minute they open to get reservations. This is for the Fantasmic dessert and what else? How about character meals...how far in advance do I generally need to book these? Thanks!

DLR is not like WDW. You do not need to be on the phone at the 60 day mark for any restaurant there. Fantasmic dessert seating also, but that can only be booked 30 days before, not 60.
Granted, you can book ASAP if you like...certainly doesn't hurt, but many...many times I have booked restaurants a few weeks out and got my desired time and place. I have even booked F! Dessert a week before our visit over July 4th week with no issues.
Moral of the story...just relax.

I booked Mickey"s Surfs Up Breakfast for the day after Veteran's day at only 30 days out. Honestly, we probably didn't need ressies at all. The fall is really quiet for character meals, I guess. I even got Ariel's for a 12:10 time - again just 30 days out. Mainly because I forgot to book. Like PP said, this aint like WDW. Much easier pace. And no free dining plan either, which seems to encourage more dining reservations.

Yeah, no need to stress here at all. I did book the Fantasmic dessert party and the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour pretty close to the 30 day mark but that was because we were a party of 7 for Fantasmic (and because I wanted the tour the same day). We waffled on whether or not to book Goofy's Kitchen before we left, never did, and then the second day we were there decided we wanted to eat there and booked dinner for the next night.

It is *nothing* like WDW. No need to stress at all!

Yeah we leave in 22 days and I still haven't made any reservations (including our character meal). I've checked online and everything we want still has space but I need to call due to DS's food allergy as I want to give a bit of a heads up before we get there.

I think that as long as it's not Christmas or the summer, you're fine not jumping on the 60day mark. I waited until the calendar came out for our visit days and it was a good thing as the park hours were different than what I was expecting them to be so if I had made the reservations too far in advance I would have had to call and change all of them from what we were originally thinking of doing.

Like everyone else mentioned, we booked our WOC dinner w/ FP and character dining a week or two before we left last time and managed to get both just fine. No rush at all, especially if it's not peak season which it doesn't sound like it is. Have fun!

We have booked the day before and got the time we wanted. I think it all depends on how busy that time of year is.

Now I know I don't need to get up at Oh-Dark-Thirty to be one the phone for reservations! I can push down on my "to do" list! Thanks for your input!
pixiedust:

We have booked the day before and got the time we wanted. I think it all depends on how busy that time of year is.

Two weekends ago, we got our reservation at Big Thunder BBQ moved two hours before dinner from 4 to 5 pm on a pretty crowded day. We even got a walk-in table once for lunch at CO during a CHOC walk/MHP/cheerleading competition super-busy weekend. Because Disneyland. No WDW ADR stress required. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter