Reservation Website Issues

Matty B13

DIS Veteran
I've tried making a few reservations on the DVC website recently and it keeps timing out when I try to put in guest information. I'm using a Mac with a Firefox browser. Just wondering if other people are having the same issue. I would like to know if it is better to use a Windows 10 PC or a different browser.

I've tried making a few reservations on the DVC website recently and it keeps timing out when I try to put in guest information. I'm using a Mac with a Firefox browser. Just wondering if other people are having the same issue. I would like to know if it is better to use a Windows 10 PC or a different browser.

Many departments in Disney (including DVC Member Services) told me they work best by far on the Chrome Browser.

Many departments in Disney (including DVC Member Services) told me they work best by far on the Chrome Browser.
Really. I'm not a big fan of Chrome, don't like Google knowing everything about my web activity. Maybe I'll use it only for booking a resort stay.

Don't use Firefox, I don't know what it is but it does not work right on their booking site. I use IE -shudder- when I am booking and it works just fine. I use Windows 7 so it is not an OSX or Windows problem.

I was able to book on Tuesday using Firefox on Mac. The site would not load on Safari. All I saw was a white screen. Seems to have issue no matter the OS or browser. It's like Disney doesn't want us to go. :confused3

I use Chrome and have not had many problems at all with the Disney websites - nothing even close to what many are reporting.

OFF TOPIC: If you decide to use Chrome to browse the DIS, you'll need to disable the Adobe Flash plug in as well as find/download a plug in to disable HTML5 autoplay. To disable Adobe Flash go to chrome://plugins

Before I discovered that, disboards.com was crashing my computer and telling me I didn't have enough memory. Boards were also running very, very slow. Disabling Adobe Flash made the biggest difference. The HTML5 autoplay was just very annoying - I don't mind the ads, I just hate the ones with sound !!!

With my iMac, I can never get the site to work correctly with Safari. It works OK with Chrome. I also have Firefox and the site worked OK with it the very few times I have used Firefox to get on. The same problem with Safari exists with my iPhone and iPad. The problem, and Chrome solution, has actually continued to exist through two iMacs (since I got a new one about a year ago) and three different iPhones

My Safari issue has actually existed since DVC introduced its online reservation sight in January 2012. After a couple months of attempted use with Mac and Safari, I sent a letter descibing my problems and asking if there was any fix for Mac/Safari. To my amazement, I got a call in which I was told no they could not fix the Mac/Safari problems because, when they set up the system, they decided not to go through any necessary programming steps to assure the site worked properly with Apple products and were not intending to do so. The caller actually recommended that I use a PC. All I could think of at the time is that someone at Disney had decided to spit on Steve Job's grave, the Apple founder and former Disney director that died very shortly before the reservation system was introduced.

Last edited:
With my iMac, I can never get the site to work correctly with Safari. It works OK with Chrome. I also have Firefox and the site worked OK with it the very few times I have used Firefox to get on. The same problem with Safari exists with my iPhone and iPad. The problem, and Chrome solution, has actually continued to exist through two iMacs (since I got a new one about a year ago) and three different iPhones

My Safari issue has actually existed since DVC introduced its online reservation sight in January 2012. After a couple months of attempted use with Mac and Safari, I sent a letter descibing my problems and asking if there was any fix for Mac/Safari. To my amazement, I got a call in which I was told no they could not fix the Mac/Safari problems because, when they set up the system, they decided not to go through any necessary programming steps to assure the site worked properly with Apple products and were not intending to do so. The caller actually recommended that I use a PC. All I could think of at the time is that someone at Disney had decided to spit on Steve Job's grave, the Apple founder and former Disney director that died very shortly before the reservation system was introduced.
Funny because of how much they want you to use your smartphone or iPad to make reservations and fastpasses. I'm sure 90% of the products are apple.

I have a PC and mostly use Chrome and have generally been fine recently but I also have an ipad and use the site with Safari without issue. Interesting comments they gave you about Apple products Drusba. I consider my iPad to be the most reliable with the website although months ago had time out issues with it too. But, in general, it tended to work the most often.
As usual I don't feel like their IT even knows what their IT is doing. :confused3

How can I say this, kindly?

You are all doing FAR too much work. Use any browser you like, and hit a SERIOUS Business Website: Amazon.

Notice everything works? OK - now we have a model for a SERIOUS BUSINESS WEBSITE. Let the back end coders support browsers they choose to support.

Then we get to Disney. I love Disney..... but to this day? They just are not serious about producing a solid BUSINESS website. Thing fails more often than my Grandmother's walker used to....

There are solutions....

1) (Best) - outsource the WDW Website joke to Amazon Web Services. BANG - these people are VERY GOOD at this.
2) Muddle (current state).
3) For US? CALL CALL CALL CALL.... WDW? More phone staff - more benefits - higher cost, or lost business. CHOOSE. It's your company. Want that Money?

I made a cash reservation today using Safari and didn't have any problems. The last DVC reservation we made on August 27th. We did not have any problems then still using Safari. I think any time you have more than one address for guests to be entered the DVC system is a real pain.

We did have a similar problem as the OP earlier this year, but then they fixed it. I would complain to DVC member satisfaction, give them the complete details. dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

Absolute insanity that people have to try all these tricks to use a website. Sigh. Best of luck OP.

I was given a DVC survey and listed these ongoing issues. And how I have practically zero issues on other well-used websites over the years and I received a phone call immediately. Hopefully someone is listening.

Last edited:
Absolute insanity that people have to try all these tricks to use a website. Sigh. Best of luck OP.

I was given a DVC survey and listed these ongoing issues. And how I have practically zero issues on other well-used websites over the years and I received a phone call immediately. Hopefully someone is listening.

We will know that someone is listening when the operational situation CHANGES.

Until it does? CALL CALL CALL CALL. WDW does not HAVE a Website. They have a Web Joke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter