Reservation Transfer

cruiser

Earning My Ears
I currently have a reservation through Costco travel for a 7 night eastern in March. However, after doing a bit of research I have found a much better deal. I am afraid if I cancel my reservation it will take up to 60 days to get my deposit back. As a result, I may loose the oppurtunity to get the other deal. I would really rather not lay down two deposits if possible.

As a result, I was wondering how possible it is to transfer a reservation from one agent to another. I am sure this has been done, but how does it work? Has anyone done it with Costco travel?

It is roughly $500 cheaper to make the switch so, I would really like to if at all possible.

I'm not a travel agent and can only speak from experience. If you are using 2 different services I highly doubt you can transfer a deposit. If you are using Costco and are now actually booking w/ the cruise line you may be able to call the cruise line directly and have it tranferred. If you are using another agent...I don't think you can do it. Of course all you can do is ask. I've been in similar situations and have always just put the new deposit on my CC...if it is that good of a discount it isn't worth losing. And usually these "good" offers are limited to a certain number...keep that in mind. That being said, they always tell you that it takes 4-6 weeks to get a deposit back, sometimes 60 days, and I have usually gotten mine back with in 2 weeks.

We went on a Disney cruise booked through Costco Travel last year. A few months after I booked I found a better price. I called Costco and they were able to apply the discount to my current reservation! They told me when I booked that if the price drops just to call them. Try calling them first...Good luck to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter