Reservation time for sunset dinner at AMA AMA?

MIGoofY

Earning My Ears
What time do I book at Ama Ama for a sunset diner reservation (July20)? I'd like amazing colors, not blinding sun, with dinner.

Any other Ama Ama recommendations for requests for best table would help. Also whats your must have food at Ama Ama?

First trip to Aulani, may only eat dinner here once. Want to make the best of it.

Thanks DisBoard people.

I'd do a Google search for the time of Oahu sunset on that date, then book a reservation for about 30-45 minutes before.

I like that line of thinking @cgattis and I appreciate @kdonnel for the suggestion. Thanks @OKWLover for getting this rolling.

Anyone have suggestions on which the best tables in AMA AMA for the view?

I would Google just to make sure you have the correct time for the sunset, however last year sunset here was in the earlier part of the 7 o'clock hour.

Also, the best seating (in my opinion) is when you walk in and to the left of the fountain in center of the restaurant. They have many tables next to the edge that offer a clear, unobstructed view of the beach and lagoon where the sun will be setting. I've dined at Ama Ama upwards of 7 times now and each time I was seated in the very front with a perfect view, no request needed. I would request just to be safe, but chances of getting a preferred seat should be high as there truly are not many undesirable seats at all.

7 times? That must have given you some amazing memories. Top recommendations for dinner?
Thanks for the tip on time and tables.

Check the sunset times and book about 30 minutes prior.
We got the most amazing table the other week. We didn't even request it, so that was awesome.
No tables in front of us, just a wide open view of the ocean and sunset. It was beautiful.

Thanks for the post @GeneralTso I'm living vicariously from photos and stories until July. I have my reservation, on my birthday, for sunset dinner at AMA AMA. Anticipation...

Thanks to all that helped. Anyone want to share food reviews, please do.

What time do I book at Ama Ama for a sunset diner reservation (July20)? I'd like amazing colors, not blinding sun, with dinner.

Any other Ama Ama recommendations for requests for best table would help. Also whats your must have food at Ama Ama?

First trip to Aulani, may only eat dinner here once. Want to make the best of it.

Thanks DisBoard people.
I'll be there in April for 8 days and everything was booked for all 8 days from 5 to 8:30 so your so lucky to have gotten that.

Based on the reservations I made this week (right at 180 days out), I'm guessing 7pm is the poplular time for July (it was booked already by the time I got online). I grabbed 6:30 because I like a leisurely meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter