• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

reservation issue

phnguyk

Mouseketeer
So we decided that we wanted to stay one more night during our upcoming trip since we realized that osbourne lights start nov 8th (our original departure day).

So I called up to add Friday night and the operator I got didn't seem very good. She was first trying to tell me that I must have made my reservations through a travel agent, (Which is not true) and then I'm put on hold for a long time. Then she comes back and says sorry not one single site available in any category, unless I want a cabin.

so I tried to make a completely new reservation and by playing the check in check out game I was able to find availability. My question is what should I do? Should I make this new separate ressie and then cancel the extra days or call back and hope to get someone bettter to help me or wait until we get there or any other idea???

:confused3

so I tried to make a completely new reservation and by playing the check in check out game I was able to find availability. My question is what should I do? Should I make this new separate ressie and then cancel the extra days or call back and hope to get someone bettter to help me or wait until we get there or any other idea???

Absolutely keep the new ressie and cancel the days you don't need, :thumbsup2

Exactly, I have had in the past done the same thing with the help of Disney reservations and the ones I got helped put together 10 days that way..

Just a thought. On that last day could you get a ressie at another resort for one day. I don't see the entire Disney resort being booked solid on 8 November.

Just a thought. On that last day could you get a ressie at another resort for one day. I don't see the entire Disney resort being booked solid on 8 November.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

See, now your think'n like my wife ,,I generally wears blinders an only see straight ahead.

Didn't think of this, may use this as a last resort, as we really enjoy staying at campground in our mh. But I can't see that weekend being totally sold out at campground. Halloween yes, but not following weekend. Gonna keep trying :)

So I just made an extra reservation. Had to make it a week long to get any openings. Such a weird system they use :confused3 So now tomorrow I will call and cancel the extras days and then I guess we will have two reservations? Do you think they will able to combine them into one reservation? No biggie either way. Would just be nice if we didn't have to move sites...

Thanks for your help.

So I just made an extra reservation. Had to make it a week long to get any openings. Such a weird system they use :confused3 So now tomorrow I will call and cancel the extras days and then I guess we will have two reservations? Do you think they will able to combine them into one reservation? No biggie either way. Would just be nice if we didn't have to move sites...

Thanks for your help.

If both your ressies are the same type (both Premium for example or both Preferred) you won't have to move. When you check in the first time you might ask if they can link them. If not, you would have to go to the Outpost (checkin/out area) on the day the second ressie starts to check out on paper and then check in.

At least you got the extra day you wanted.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter