Reservation in Mom's name, Mom may now have to cancel. What to do?

swkmom

Mouseketeer
I hope I am posting this in the right place and really hope someone will know the answer.

We are scheduled to stay at OKW in a 2 br villa on cash (we used the 30% discount) we are scheduled for the 24th-31st of May. The people in the party are my parents, myself, dh, ds, dd, and dd's bff. When we paid my mom paid her and my dad's portion with her cc and I paid for the other 5 of us with my cc (we divided the total cost by 7).

The reservation is in my mother's name. My parents may have to cancel going on the trip due to some health issues my dad is having. Can we still check in without my mother? Should we call Disney and have the reservation switched to my name or is it not that simple? Would we lose our discount? At this point I don't think my mom can recoup any of her money (she did not purchase trip insurance) but she is not concerned about the money anyway.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Is it a RO or a package? You can easily take off your mom as lead guest if it is a room only. If it is a package you would need to rebook and they would cancel the first reservation. Both need guest services assistance. Your rate discount would be honored in either case.

It is a package. If it has to be cancelled and rebooked in my name will we lose all of our fp+ reservations, our bog fp+ reservation, and our dining adr's? Plus will our yellow ME tags still be valid?

When we originally booked this I wanted the reservation under my name. The cm on the phone said it was easier to put the reservation under my mom's because they already had a reservation at POR and all she had to do was change it and add the rest of us to the reservation. I'm now regretting not insisting the reservation be under my name.

But I will lose all the fp+ reservations and the yellow ME tags will have different numbers correct? We've already received our ME tags and our Magic Bands. Will the Magic Bands still be ok to use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter