Reservation help

FairytaleBelle

Mouseketeer
Hi, I've made dining reservations for 4 of us (2 kids under 10 but I don't know if that even makes a difference!) for our trip next week, but there is a 5th member who may fly out and join us for a couple of days, so I was wondering if it would be a massive no no turning up with 5 to a 4 reservation?

I'm unsure as to whether I could expand these reservations to 5, they're all deposit ones so i wouldn't want to until I know for sure as the 5th member may not come at all!

The ADRs are:

Nine dragons, Epcot 6.45pm mon 27th may
Tusker House, AK 1.55pm tues 28th may
1900 park fare, GF 6.55pm Friday 31st may

Thanks in advance !

Hi, I've made dining reservations for 4 of us (2 kids under 10 but I don't know if that even makes a difference!) for our trip next week, but there is a 5th member who may fly out and join us for a couple of days, so I was wondering if it would be a massive no no turning up with 5 to a 4 reservation?

I'm unsure as to whether I could expand these reservations to 5, they're all deposit ones so i wouldn't want to until I know for sure as the 5th member may not come at all!

The ADRs are:

Nine dragons, Epcot 6.45pm mon 27th may
Tusker House, AK 1.55pm tues 28th may
1900 park fare, GF 6.55pm Friday 31st may

Thanks in advance !

going from four to five on a reservation can present a challenge, most tables are set up for four. it would involve adding an extra two top. Nine Dragons is pretty tight but they usually have some availability, although our last few times even they have been packed. The character meals could present a challenge. I'd check the ADR site and see if they show no tables available. If they are booked solid, you may have a rude awakening. I would at least try to add them, to just show up with extras is rude IMO. I would be very ticked to arrive with my party of five and find tha my table had been given to what was booked as a party of four.

Fair enough- I'd never have turned up expecting them to fit the 5th member, it would have been more of a do you have space to accommodate being fully aware that it was our own fault for not arranging for 5.
Thanks

At those places I do not think you will have a problem. You will just have to wait for a table that will fit 5, they will not put 5 people at a table for 4. The only way you won't get in is if the restaurant is at its highest possible capacity and that's not extremely likely.

I would be very ticked to arrive with my party of five and find tha my table had been given to what was booked as a party of four.

They don't reserve specific tables. Once you check in, you get the next table to open up that will fit your party. So nobody will be taking "your" table.

I would jut show up, apologize and expect to wait longer than usual. (I know some people are not going to like that answer) I think this situation is more common than people think. Good luck

I would jut show up, apologize and expect to wait longer than usual. (I know some people are not going to like that answer) I think this situation is more common than people think. Good luck

It is common. So common that Disney now has the mind set of sitting the extra guests if they can, and not worrying about it if they can't.

Of course they won't turn away extra money if they can help it. But no one has any way of knowing ahead of time if there will be room for an extra person or not.

Thank you, that calms my worries a fair bit- as long as it wouldn't be a guaranteed no, and we would probably attempt to call ahead.

Thank you, that calms my worries a fair bit- as long as it wouldn't be a guaranteed no, and we would probably attempt to call ahead.
Calling ahead may nor may not do anything for you. When you call 407-WDW-DINE, you are not (usually) talking to anyone at the Walt Disney World resort, but rather a slew of call-centers and home-offices across the country. As such, they're rather limited in what they can offer and they cannot contact the restaurants directly on your behalf.

I do agree with Nala though, and likely there won't be much (if any) issue at those restaurants at those times. It's not like you're trying to bring an extra into a 6:30pm 'Ohana or anything. They all have decent CS nearby if all else fails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter