Reservation for BOG

nicatene

Earning My Ears
I am going to the Christmas party in December. I originally had a reservation for Tony's Town Square at 5:20, but changed this morning to BOG at 6:05. I am worried that I made a mistake by going with the later time as I don't want my husband to miss much of the Christmas party. He's never been, but I have. I plan to get to MK at 4 and show him MK until our reservation and am hoping we get out of dinner fairly quickly.
I have eaten at Tony's before and found it to be so-so, but it was the only reservation I could get at first. I have done the party before but have not yet been to BOG. It seems to be getting good reviews. Please someone tell me the switch of restaurants is going to be worth the later reservation time.

OP - If your main concern is party time, why not have a table service meal at lunch and a quick counter service meal for dinner on that day?

I would keep BOG! I don't really care for Tony's. You could always show up early and hope to be seated quicker.

MVMCP is 5 hours long from 7pm-12am.
with an ADR at 6:05pm you'd miss maybe 30 minutes of party time.
in my opinion thats not a huge portion of the party and i would not give up BOG for that 30 minutes.

I just asked almost the same question on the Strategy Forum! :) I am going to keep my 6:10.

Thanks everyone. I've decided that I'm going to keep BOG and be excited about it! Unfortunately the TS lunch doesn't really work for me as I will be there for a conference and the times won't work for a lunch. I don't think seeing the characters will be a huge issue for my husband and we are not bringing the kids. It's DHs 1st time going to Disney so I will plan to be at MK at 4 the day of the party and fit in as much as we can while having what I hope is a nice meal in a place that's new to me. :)

My sister made the mistake of doing a 6pm ADR at BOG on their MNSSHP night and she said never again. That restaurant is so busy, they didn't get seated until after their ADR time. And they didn't get out of there until 8:30-9pm. It was one of their longer meals and they were just 2 people. I would arrive a little early just incase. It does eat up party time and the amount of money the party tickets cost, I would not be eating dinner no later than 4:30-5pm in the park just for that reason. Enjoy BOG!

We are eating at 1900 Park Fare on our MVMCP night and the ADR is for 4:30 because I factored in seating time, eating and characters and getting back to MK by monorail (which shouldn't be bad since it's 1 stop from GF). I want to arrive before the party starts.

But you know you can enter at 4 pm right with your party ticket? So you will be missing 3 hours of MK time while dining at GF.

. . . BOG at 6:05. I am worried that I made a mistake by going with the later time as I don't want my husband to miss much of the Christmas party . . . time.

1) To me, this IS a problem.
2) For the excessive cost of the party, I wouldn't want to waste time, either.
3) IMHO, I would change to BoG lunch or go somewhere else.
4) There is simply so much seasonal stuff at the party to waste eating or riding-the-rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter