Reservation Confirmation from DVC not working

Cmbar

DIS Veteran
Need some advice on how to get DVC to fix my account.

I made a reservation for my good friends to stay at Bay lake tower in November. I made the reservation online. The email address I put in was my friends email, hoping they would get the reservation confirmation. They didn't. Not a big deal I could forward the one I would get. Except I never received the email. Not a big deal as I can see the reservation in the system so I'm not worried.

I tell member services I never got the email and ask she send it to me or the people on the reservation. She says no problem but can only send to the one I entered on the reservation and resends. It doesn't come through but of course she asks me to wait two hours. But here is the thing. This is an old email address that I KNOW I did not put in the reservation (I know I put the guest email, but what ever).She says just go into the DVC member site and update my email address to get the current one. However when I go look I see it IS the correct current email. I then look at all my accounts on any Disney site including DVC, DCL and MDE and all have a correct Current email.

Does anyone know how to get Disney to fix this? Somehow this older email address is overriding all others and it is frustrating because I never get a email to confirm any of my reservations. And yes I definitely checked any spam folders.

thanks for any help!

Call back and see if a different CM will correct the email. If it's an invalid one there's no reason they shouldn't be able to. There's also an option when you call in to chose support for technical issues but I'd try MS again first to try and get this email.

However, the confirmation number is all that is needed. An email won't help anymore than that.

I've had mail show up at old addresses in the past too. Not all the time but every now and then. The IT doesn't seem to have very good practices with their databases and old info sometimes gets pulled in, or so it seems.

Thank you Kathy! I will call them again and see if someone different can help. I know I don't need the email but it is nice to send to my guest so they feel comfortable. I'm a little amazed at how flimsy the Disney IT programs seem. There definitely is a problem of an override somewhere and if MS cant help me I'll try Tech support. Thanks

Good luck in getting it fixed! I was just thinking that that there reports from some people having problems recently with getting the email confirmations even after calling multiple times to MS to resend but then some have had success. A few weeks ago there was a period where people weren't getting emails at all - I was one when picking up a couple of days for a reservation. But the last one I did I received the confirmation in a normal amount if time.

I had an email address change a few weeks ago and since then none of my confirmations have come through and I had their IT people supposedly fix the addresses.

Just another Disney headache to have to deal with.

:earsboy: Bill

Call back and see if a different CM will correct the email. If it's an invalid one there's no reason they shouldn't be able to. There's also an option when you call in to chose support for technical issues but I'd try MS again first to try and get this email.

However, the confirmation number is all that is needed. An email won't help anymore than that.

I've had mail show up at old addresses in the past too. Not all the time but every now and then. The IT doesn't seem to have very good practices with their databases and old info sometimes gets pulled in, or so it seems.

THIS. Nothing matters, except the confirmation number.

Once you SEE this, copy it. Go right to the MAIN WDW page, and list your reservations.

If that number is not THERE? LINK the dog. Sadly, Disney has too many computer systems running timed batch jobs, attempting to create the ILLUSION of a single system. By Linking your reservation, you will force an update across systems.

Now, give that reservation confirmation number to the person that needs it. EMAIL is cute, but Disney lives and dies by Disney issued Confirmation numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter