Rescheduling reservation vs. canceling

sahlink

DIS Veteran
I have a question about Disneys cancellation policy. I haven't been there since this has been in place... So I'm wondering. If you want to change your mind the day of... Can you just reschedule you reservation? Vs canceling? Will you still get billed for this? If so, then technically could you cancel the reservation if it made for a couple days out?

No. Rather, some people have reported that they scammed the system that way, but most report that it's not possible. You might as well lie and say that everyone got sick and you can't make it.

Honestly, you need to commit or cancel the day before. Odds are pretty darn good that if you cancel/reschedule the day of, you will be charged.

I've seen enough reports of people who simply arrived earlier or later than their ADR (by more than the grace period) and got charged and then had to call and get it straightened out that I would not risk not cancelling the day before.

It's a bummer because say you have been watching for a BoG ADR, but decided to make one for The Plaza instead and then the day of, you see an ADR for BoG, you can't modify it without cancelling your Plaza and getting charged.

I've seen enough reports of people who simply arrived earlier or later than their ADR (by more than the grace period) and got charged and then had to call and get it straightened out that I would not risk not cancelling the day before.

It's a bummer because say you have been watching for a BoG ADR, but decided to make one for The Plaza instead and then the day of, you see an ADR for BoG, you can't modify it without cancelling your Plaza and getting charged.
You could just send one person to have a shake at the Plaza.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter